Looking for Feedback on the '15 Viper's

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few of these out on the snow now. Seeing if there is any feedback on how or what guys like or dislike about the newest Viper.
Post your thoughts, opinions and vids if you want here. Interested in hearing from both the turbo and non-turbo guys!:beer:

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great sleds on steep hill climbs......no issues

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Jp. Interested on what your past sleds were. Do you prefer your viper over your pro for your riding?

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode a turbo viper on the demo ride last year and loved it, handled very well and the power is great! I currently ride a 14 summit xmx 163 and yes they are easier to lay over and ride overall but I think the viper would be a sled that I would consider in the future!

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put couple hundred kms on mine last weekend in mcbride, felt at home right away on it coming off a nytro and a pro, easier to maneuver than the nytro it hides the weight better as its balanced out better.. .. In certain tighter situations and steeper drops you can still feel the nose heavy weight as it wants to dive and sub under snow typical for the thumpers. For the most part was bottomless conditions which dont help .. Need to adjust skid abit and I might throw on my powder hound skis to help in these conditions I was running polaris grippers.. All in all happy with the sled I put around 7000 km on my nytro and I'll probably do the same on the viper unless yammi comes out with a lighter chassis/motor..

Attachments

• Viper renshaw.jpg
    Viper renshaw.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 451
Last edited:

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put couple hundred kms on mine last weekend in mcbride, felt at home right away on it coming off a nytro and a pro, easier to maneuver than the nytro it hides the weight better as its balanced out better.. .. In certain tighter situations and steeper drops you can still feel the nose heavy weight as it wants to dive and sub under snow typical for the thumpers. For the most part was bottomless conditions which dont help .. Need to adjust skid abit and I might throw on my powder hound skis to help in these conditions I was running polaris grippers..

Jrusher is that the stock riser?

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running a non-turbo Viper? How does it handle and respond power wise at elevation if so?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anyone running a non-turbo Viper? How does it handle and respond power wise at elevation if so?
Give it up, buy a doo

U know what it's like, but way better than ur 13

Joel said night a day between the 2

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give it up, buy a doo

U know what it's like, but way better than ur 13

Joel said night a day between the 2

Never said I was buying either.
I'm a ditch pickle owner right now lol!

Just checking out my options. The reviews on all the problems with the e-tec and my experience owning one doesn't have me sold as to it being the almighty reliable motor everyone claims it is. No question about it's handling being great though even though the matchstick strength chassis is a huge turn-off for me.

I'm looking at reliable and a strong runner and from what I have seen the Viper offers both. Great Yammy motor. Great Cat chassis. And a manageable weight IMO for a fourstroke. Probably close to my '04 REV from what it sounds like in both weight and handling. I just need to get on one and decide. So far nobody has any complaints about them and I like that. but not many threads or people talking about them either which is why I started this one.

Thanks to all that have posted though.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just checking out my options. The reviews on all the problems with the e-tec and my experience owning one doesn't have me sold as to it being the almighty reliable motor everyone claims it is. No question about it's handling being great though even though the matchstick strength chassis is a huge turn-off for me.

I'm looking at reliable and a strong runner and from what I have seen the Viper offers both. Great Yammy motor. Great Cat chassis. And a manageable weight IMO for a fourstroke. Probably close to my '04 REV from what it sounds like in both weight and handling. I just need to get on one and decide. So far nobody has any complaints about them and I like that. but not many threads or people talking about them either which is why I started this one.

I wish someone would give a review of the EVO header/exhaust reflash for the viper.....I may need one of these as a spare sled

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish someone would give a review of the EVO header/exhaust reflash for the viper.....I may need one of these as a spare sled
i would like to try one too, a 160+hp with airbox mod would be fun torky ride.:cool:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a boosted etec and a boosted viper. Once again the etec will sit in trailer all year. It's does make a good sled for my boy though.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

PM J.P. and ask his thoughts on the viper

Top Bottom