Looking for a Diesel Truck

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any body know where there’s a great deal on a 1Ton pickup ( private only) I hate stealerships.
Looking in the 20-30 range !
Must be deleted. Cheers!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would watch Kijiji closely and be ready to jump on a good deal fast and you will eventually find one. Duallies with a box are the worst to find.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm on the search to.. nothing to be had for under 50k even though they were 30k trucks a few months ago!

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the 2022 Fords ever make an appearance mine would be for sale. But seems like it will serve me another year.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Been looking for the last month seriously. Wish list is 1st too last.
Cummins or Powerstroke , must be deleted, at least xlt type options, under 250000 kilometres , SingleWheel No rust or damage.
$20000-$30000 .
High Expectations .....yup !
Doable.......Tough but finding this stuff is kinda my thing.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious and looked at Kijiji, for Ram's it seems like many trucks that should be in the 20's or were a year ago have got into the 30's, but the trucks that where in the 30's and 40's have only went up a bit. Many are just trying to ask stupid prices, but still some that aren't that crazy compared to a year ago's pricing.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been looking for the last month seriously. Wish list is 1st too last.
Cummins or Powerstroke , must be deleted, at least xlt type options, under 250000 kilometres , SingleWheel No rust or damage.
$20000-$30000 .
High Expectations .....yup !
Doable.......Tough but finding this stuff is kinda my thing.

That should be more then doable as long as you're ok with more then 10 years old.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Curious and looked at Kijiji, for Ram's it seems like many trucks that should be in the 20's or were a year ago have got into the 30's, but the trucks that where in the 30's and 40's have only went up a bit. Many are just trying to ask stupid prices, but still some that aren't that crazy compared to a year ago's pricing.

Prices are high but there are deals out there, I’ve found a few , they go fast so if your ready too pounce I think that deal is just around the corner, find out shortly!
In the meantime if you know somebody lol.....

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Prices are high but there are deals out there, I’ve found a few , they go fast so if your ready too pounce I think that deal is just around the corner, find out shortly!
In the meantime if you know somebody lol.....
I'll keep my eyes open for you Lyle!

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a quick look on kijiji for what I could sell my truck for, 2012 Ram 3500 limited mega cab 165k, and wholly crap people are asking crazy amounts. And some with double the kms.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a quick look on kijiji for what I could sell my truck for, 2012 Ram 3500 limited mega cab 165k, and wholly crap people are asking crazy amounts. And some with double the kms.

I checked a couple days ago to see what my 2017 f350 would go for. They were on kijiji for almost the same price that I paid back in 2017

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big shortage of pickups right now at dealers, no inventory due to computer shortage? I had my Duramax in for servicing and sales made me an offer on the spot, it was rather tempting, a very good offer from a dealer.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Some people are retarded for sure. And the salesman even agree but if we don’t buy them off too the US they go .

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big shortage of pickups right now at dealers, no inventory due to computer shortage? I had my Duramax in for servicing and sales made me an offer on the spot, it was rather tempting, a very good offer from a dealer.
It is only relative because to replace it is $20k over what you should be paying. The difference is the same. Agree that if you are getting out of trucks it is a good time to sell, but otherwise no.

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Big shortage of pickups right now at dealers, no inventory due to computer shortage? I had my Duramax in for servicing and sales made me an offer on the spot, it was rather tempting, a very good offer from a dealer.[/QUOTE
It is only relative because to replace it is $20k over what you should be paying. The difference is the same. Agree that if you are getting out of trucks it is a good time to sell, but otherwise no.

My problem is I have 3 other insured passenger vehicles sitting in my yard, a new SUV bought last month for my wife, a Tahoe which doesnt get used much, a 1 tonne dually I use for anything work related and my Duramax which is my baby but do I need it? Havnt towed anything larger than a utility trailer in over 5 years. Might just be the time to liquidate.

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My problem is I have 3 other insured passenger vehicles sitting in my yard, a new SUV bought last month for my wife, a Tahoe which doesnt get used much, a 1 tonne dually I use for anything work related and my Duramax which is my baby but do I need it? Havnt towed anything larger than a utility trailer in over 5 years. Might just be the time to liquidate.
Yep, then now is a very good time to divest. One of the best actually.

Top Bottom