Looking for a bc fishing hole.

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, im looking at taking the family and my boat to somewhere in bc to go fishing in August. Looking for a lake between Barriere or up towards sheridan lake area or 100 mile house.

My boat is a 17.5ft with a 115 but i dont have any downrigger equipment.

Anybody got any good recommendations for a young family. Dont have a camper or trailer so we will need hotels or cabins also.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, im looking at taking the family and my boat to somewhere in bc to go fishing in August. Looking for a lake between Barriere or up towards sheridan lake area or 100 mile house.

My boat is a 17.5ft with a 115 but i dont have any downrigger equipment.

Anybody got any good recommendations for a young family. Dont have a camper or trailer so we will need hotels or cabins also.

Some good fishing lakes up Sheridan lake way, depends how far off the beaten path you want to get. Accommodations is the sticky part. Bonaparte lake is a big lake with resort at one end, has cabins but is a ways in on gravel road. Lac de Roche has two different resorts with cabins, and is close to bridge lake if you want to try a different lake. Bridge lake has a resort or two with cabins on it also. Think Sheridan gets fished pretty hard....as does bridge. But there is lots of smaller ones to choose from. Shouldn't need dowriggers in that area. But I know bridge lake has a few reefs/shallow spots that stick from the points. Green lake is a nice lake. Love camping there but terrible fishing. Flying U guest ranch has cabins. Again there are a few lakes within 10 15 min with decent fishing

08arcticcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ended up booking a place down by revelstoke. See how it goes next month.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't have down riggers you can always use jet divers. Work good for us back trolling in the river but takes a bit of practice to get things ri8in still water

Top Bottom