looking at a turbo apex sled!

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you think it weights then? I have no idea, that is why im asking! he also said 326 hp at 18 psi......is this out there also? I think I would turn the boost down so I dont have to run race fuel.

in the mid 600's. heres my t-vec and id say its still over 600lbs
IMG_6370.jpg

Last edited:

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont get it, i have a straight pipe on my bd setup, curves down and exits just ahead of the track near the drivers.....and i still have my park brake... u have sum pix?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the same as mine, but i have a larger diameter down pipe and the caliper was close to the exhaust, plus i had all that stuff off playing with gearing, never reinstalled it............. room for a muff pot now.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey overkill
That sled that rene is selling for his friend looks like a better deal than the one from the states and I brought back a sled from the states,its a bit of a pain in the the butt but not to hard,remember to add the gst at the border and the broker fee's ( I think about three hundred bucks) to your price.
I wouldnt do it again!
catmando!

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what is the advantage of running the bigger down pipe, better exhaust flow i assume..... it cant be that much bigger of a diameter ??!! lol and what the hell is a muff pot?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey overkill
That sled that rene is selling for his friend looks like a better deal than the one from the states and I brought back a sled from the states,its a bit of a pain in the the butt but not to hard,remember to add the gst at the border and the broker fee's ( I think about three hundred bucks) to your price.
I wouldnt do it again!
catmando!

nope front end is pooched. through the bushings big time, needs a track, and front air shock is flat! that was before I even got the engine leak teasted lol. I stopped there because was quoted $3-4000 for front end and that made the good deal a not so good deal for me lol. still looking now!

Transporter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope front end is pooched. through the bushings big time, needs a track, and front air shock is flat! that was before I even got the engine leak teasted lol. I stopped there because was quoted $3-4000 for front end and that made the good deal a not so good deal for me lol. still looking now!

Explain this damage better, you mean the bushings on the a-arms? Macs machines should be able to help out on a shock for that suspension.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what is the advantage of running the bigger down pipe, better exhaust flow i assume..... it cant be that much bigger of a diameter ??!! lol and what the hell is a muff pot?

Better flow, less restriction. 1/4 dia. bigger, and oval end to fit into the stock location.
Muff pot for cooking, exhaust pipe cooker...... clamps on exhaust gets hot, cooks your weiners.

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol ha okay, wonder where the name muff pot came from, decent idea tho lol. what did u mean about the stock location part ?

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nope I pulled the plug on that sled....going to alberta now to get a better sled. will post pic when I go to pick it up? hey does any one know what a 2 place sled trailer can haul for weight. my papers say 1500 kg.... I need to put 2200 pounds in it. the axle looks like a 3500 pound because it has 5 bolt rims!

yami

Reaction score
yes reverse can go on a bd kit and you dont have to use the park brake cable to do it, just refab some stuff. o-ring on handlebars works great for a park break.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i got a 06 apex witha MCX kit. was running 17 psi but now down to 12 PSI due to had only 94 and Av gas. still at 12 you just point and shoot. turbo hill not an issue. I even stopped half way to make it fun. love h sled but still getting used to the weight. It really hurts when it rolls over you. I have some rib issues to deal with now. wont be sledding for a bit lol. if anyone knows of a used reverse kit let me know!

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i got a 06 apex witha MCX kit. was running 17 psi but now down to 12 PSI due to had only 94 and Av gas. still at 12 you just point and shoot. turbo hill not an issue. I even stopped half way to make it fun. love h sled but still getting used to the weight. It really hurts when it rolls over you. I have some rib issues to deal with now. wont be sledding for a bit lol. if anyone knows of a used reverse kit let me know!

Hey garry lets see some pics of this beast.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would take some pics but Im to banged up. climbed turbo hill all weekend with out an issue. then it rolled over me on a 20 foot hill. ouch. got some gimped ribs now. if I can get moving I will try to get some pics. If you go to the ladies ride in revy thread you can see my T-apex cought up in a 10 inch tree that we had to cut down. and some pics playing lawn darts with the tank. it is the black and blue apex. one good thing about the tank is you point and shoot and over you go!

hey hill climber when you coming back this way?

Hillclimber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would take some pics but Im to banged up. climbed turbo hill all weekend with out an issue. then it rolled over me on a 20 foot hill. ouch. got some gimped ribs now. if I can get moving I will try to get some pics. If you go to the ladies ride in revy thread you can see my T-apex cought up in a 10 inch tree that we had to cut down. and some pics playing lawn darts with the tank. it is the black and blue apex. one good thing about the tank is you point and shoot and over you go!

hey hill climber when you coming back this way?

I will check it out. not sure when i am out that way rolled my sled yesterday on a icey hill bent my bars i need to fix that before i can ride any more.

Top Bottom