Looking at 2008 summit 800r xp 154

atvmodster

Reaction score
What is everyones opinion on this sled? It has 1500 kms(not miles) and has had the shaft updated as well as some other minor updates. The guy also upgraded the primary clutch to 09 parts. Was bought in nov of 2007. It also comes with a $400 ceramic coated can. He is firm at $8000. Sled is in MINT condition. Will this engine be updated from the 07 800r? I been told to stay away from that engine. Any help would be great. This will be my first mountain sled.

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 08 engine is updated from the 07 and as long as all the updates have been done there shouldnt be a problem. If i were you i'd get the serial of the sled and get that checked first tho. Other than that use your own discretion.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
take a look at areas of high wear, foot wells, track, also check for frame straightness, especially were a arms mount to tunnel area, rivet areas around tunnel area. if they ate all tight, no bends etc, you should have a good sled. all sled odometers are easy to unhook and thus low miles. don'tput to much faith into mileage, but overall care and condition of sled.

atvmodster

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I am waiting for the serial number right now. I will then look into its history. Overall will this be a fairly reliable sled? I always heard the 08s were really hard on belts. The owned told me his has been bullet proof and brp just gave him a brand new belt.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I have the exact same sled never had problems. The only problem you might run into is overheating so I would check the vents etc. Mine is warped a little right over the can but my temp light has never come on. Haven't blown a belt yet either. I think it's a great sled!! my 2:twocents:

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:dsome people just like to bash other sleds, but all manufactures have there issues, i have a 08 xp 146 with 1200 km did all the up dates and I'm on the same belt, theres a reason why thats all you see on mountain is the xp:d

atvmodster

Reaction score
So over all which do you guys think is a more reliable sled. The 05-06 revs or the 08 summit xp's with all updates done?

atvmodster

Reaction score
Well i may buy this 08 xp. Iffy spending 8 g after spending 16 g on a quad.....

PEAK SEEKER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't tell you much about the sled cause I dont do Doo's. (CATS#1) But a friend of mine just bought the same sled, but bone stock for 8k.

atvmodster

Reaction score
Did many people have belt problems with this sled? A buddy told me they had some belt issues. The owner said he never even blew the first belt but brp gave him 2 updated new ones and he installed one.

POWDERSLUT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thats a pretty good deal...I picked up a 08 800 xp with 3500kms on sled ,blown motor ,new crate motor installed,still under warrenty,with can ,tunnel stiffiners,gas rack,scrathers,all updates done,all 09 parts in clutches,and a sick lookin sticker kit,for 6500... money talks,o ha this sled never chewed any belts either....

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think that if is well taken care of that would be to bad of a price, two guy i ride with have them and haven't had any troubles other then them smashing the sled themselves, if all the updates are done giver you should be pretty happy with it.

SnowDog

Reaction score
Have the same sled and you will not be disapointed, it is a kick ass sled. Have all updates done on mine from the get go and never had any problems at all, except the guys on the other guys sleds telling me to wait for them all the time:d

atvmodster

Reaction score
Thats what i like to hear man! How do you like the camoplast challanger light track?

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good man there atvmodster, you wont be disappointed.

Top Bottom