Purchased a popped 08 800 xp looking for online manuls

dodgeram18

Reaction score
Hey guys im now a skud owner! yay. new sled is 08 ski-doo 800 xp 154" with a blown piston that destroyed the head, piston, cylinder. i ordered all new parts i need with upgraded slp head with removable bowls and dual ring pistons. but when i purchased this sled the motor was already pulled and im not sure where some parts go when i put the engine back in. i was looking for any detailed repair manuals that would help me get this doo back together without having extra parts in the end. this is my first sled rebuild but most of it seems straight forward, im not sure of torque specs or drive shaft bracket and steering post bracket and other small things trying to see where they all fit. any help would be greatly appreciated to help me bolt it up right the first time. thanks.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one I dont mind giving out. Too big to email though. pm or post your email and I can give you access to my dropbox account so you can download it.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you check the crank, or better yet just put a new crank in now. Those sleds are known for bad crank bearings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you check the crank, or better yet just put a new crank in now. Those sleds are known for bad crank bearings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And remember its not just the bearings the crank should be welded as well.

dodgeram18

Reaction score
thanks to everyone, lots of useful information on this site. to check crank bearings i assume i have to split the crank case? and how do i tell if a bearing needs to be replaced? also i read of guys injecting crank bearings with some type of grease? with a larger gauge syringe is this a good time to inject the crank bearings? or is that procedure not required if replacing bearings? thanks again in advance for the help. new to the xp.

dodgeram18

Reaction score
user-offline.png
what do you mean the crank should be welded? where, and if its welded shouldnt it be balanced correctly after especially with the high rpms it sees? sorry but im just a lil lost on this topic.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.snowandmud.com/images/styles/snow/statusicon/user-offline.png what do you mean the crank should be welded? where, and if its welded shouldnt it be balanced correctly after especially with the high rpms it sees? sorry but im just a lil lost on this topic.

its a weld on the pto side of the crank. to stop the counter weight from slipping. the part where the connecting rod rotates on.
i still have my old crank if you want it, or need it for free its still all there just bad bearings etc. and i might have a gasket kit for you to

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its a weld on the pto side of the crank. to stop the counter weight from slipping. the part where the connecting rod rotates on.
i still have my old crank if you want it, or need it for free its still all there just bad bearings etc. and i might have a gasket kit for you to

you can take your crank to motts machining and he can do the welds

dodgeram18

Reaction score
Ok ill have to look up exactly where to weld the crank on the pto side. I trust my welds and I have the equipment just need to do some research on where to lay a bead. Thanks for the input guys. Ill split my case in the next couple days and inspect the crank bearings. Will they show obvious wear or should I just replace them all once in there? Still not sure how to tell if a bearing is shot unless it showd obvious signs.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok ill have to look up exactly where to weld the crank on the pto side. I trust my welds and I have the equipment just need to do some research on where to lay a bead. Thanks for the input guys. Ill split my case in the next couple days and inspect the crank bearings. Will they show obvious wear or should I just replace them all once in there? Still not sure how to tell if a bearing is shot unless it showd obvious signs.

here is a pic of where to weld it. thats the only weld that was done on the crank. also something to watch for is your primary clutch might be out of balance or something i heard there was a recall on the QRA7 it causes the crank seal to fail and a bad shake. the 800r motor was a time bomb so im finding out late
2014-04-17 13.33.58.jpg

dodgeram18

Reaction score
awesome man. thanks for the help and useful information about the 800r. ill check my crank bearings and look into welding my crank on the pto side.

Top Bottom