Lookin for an inexpensive ATV carrier....

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have been searching through kijiji ads and trailer dealers and even those home depot trailers....trying to find an inexpensive trailer or alternate way of transporting my quad with the truck camper I bought. Have nothing against a small utility trailer, but price most people are asking is far more than they are worth in my opinion.

Came across this, I'm sure some of you have seen this. Looks kinda flimsy to me.....and since my truck this summer is only a half ton (3/4 - 1 ton next summer) I am not to sure about having 700# dangling on the back by the hitch alone! :(

Have a look....I'm interested to hear if someone actually has one and uses it....how are they? :confused: :feedback:

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya I might hang a dirt bike or a kids quad off the back bumper but not no full size 4x4 quad! I dont know what your looking at spending money wise, but I have nice single quad trailer with ramp that Im going to be selling in the next few weeks....it is 5x10.....about a year and half old.....it will hall a quad/sled/garden tractor or use it to hall yard waste......Im getting a bigger one to hall 2 quads...6x14! PM me if interested.....selling for about half what a new one is worth!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I have been searching through kijiji ads and trailer dealers and even those home depot trailers....trying to find an inexpensive trailer or alternate way of transporting my quad with the truck camper I bought. Have nothing against a small utility trailer, but price most people are asking is far more than they are worth in my opinion.

Came across this, I'm sure some of you have seen this. Looks kinda flimsy to me.....and since my truck this summer is only a half ton (3/4 - 1 ton next summer) I am not to sure about having 700# dangling on the back by the hitch alone! :(

Have a look....I'm interested to hear if someone actually has one and uses it....how are they? :confused: :feedback:
What is your cargo capacity on the 1/2 ton? your quad (way behind the back wheels)+your camper would probably put you quite a bit over. I'd keep looking for a small trailer.

blar

Reaction score
If you are interested I'm looking at selling an 8 x 8 trailer I made from an old tent trailer frame and axle. Was asking $500.00. I will be putting on Kijiji once the snow melts.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a 1/2 ton dodge you cannot put that Quad on the back as it will put you overweight and your back end will sag and you would probably be pulling wheelies. Also depends on how your hitch was installed. Are you putting a camper on the back? Then you are really pushing it. Cops would be over you like flies on well you know. Get a cheap trailer they are out there, may not look pretty but it would be alot safer for you.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are interested I'm looking at selling an 8 x 8 trailer I made from an old tent trailer frame and axle. Was asking $500.00. I will be putting on Kijiji once the snow melts.
Do you have it registered? I just need something to fit in a VERY small storage area...thanks :)

If you have a 1/2 ton dodge you cannot put that Quad on the back as it will put you overweight and your back end will sag and you would probably be pulling wheelies. Also depends on how your hitch was installed. Are you putting a camper on the back? Then you are really pushing it. Cops would be over you like flies on well you know. Get a cheap trailer they are out there, may not look pretty but it would be alot safer for you.

Yeah I was figurin it would cost me more to put airbags or something on than this thang is worth...LOL I "can" go to 3000# supposedly BUT I just went out to look at my hitch and it says MAX 600# so that hitch dangler is out for sure...!! Then like ya said with 700# danglin off the back WITH the camper (@1800#) I'd probably be white knuckle drivin for sure!! Neat idea BUT not for me...lol :)

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya I might hang a dirt bike or a kids quad off the back bumper but not no full size 4x4 quad! I dont know what your looking at spending money wise, but I have nice single quad trailer with ramp that Im going to be selling in the next few weeks....it is 5x10.....about a year and half old.....it will hall a quad/sled/garden tractor or use it to hall yard waste......Im getting a bigger one to hall 2 quads...6x14! PM me if interested.....selling for about half what a new one is worth!

Thanks man, but your a little ways away from me and I don't get much time off....Plus my top price is about $500:beer:

blar

Reaction score
Yes it's registered, still as a tent trailer though. The deck is 8 x 7 wide, tongue is 4' long. Very light, good for a small car to tow. Good starter trailer. Will have better pictures when I post it on kijiji.

trailer front.jpg trailer back.jpg

Top Bottom