Lookiing for New Sled

dfi

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my 03 900 Mountain Cat for a 08/09 Summit 800 or a 09 Dragon 800. What feed back do you have for either sled? Like to hear all the good and bad opinions regardless what you drive.:nono::rant:

GRD

Reaction score
I am looking to replace my 03 900 Mountain Cat for a 08/09 Summit 800 or a 09 Dragon 800. What feed back do you have for either sled? Like to hear all the good and bad opinions regardless what you drive.:nono::rant:

I have an 09 dragon 163. It works great. A few peeps have had a some problems with them... Check out the treads, I will try and find the link and add them. I haven't tried the summits, but hear they work good as well. I believe there may be a thread about some issues with them as well.

If you can, try both and see which one you like the best. I believe that Powder Petes in Revy rents both.

I would not exclude the M8 either... All have there pros and cons, just depends what you feel best on.

Links for polaris threads:
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f122/caution-all-2009-polaris-owners-11194.html
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f122/100-mile-assault-king-boat-anchors-11178.html
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f122/polaris-followup-11338.html

Links for ski-doo threads:
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f123/first-ride-09-xpx-9753.html
https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/f123/2009-summit-xps-issues-11427.html

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my vote is for the xp 800 , if you like mods go with the m8 , the only good thing polaris did was pick a name that suites [ dragon ] dragon my piece of cr@p here and dragon my piece of cr@p there . LOL :d

switchbackfst

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:loser:easy my buddy has a 09 dragon and has no problems. I've rode both!! and id say the xpee is the loser!!!

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

All I can say is talk to polarisrider soon to be renamed Doorider pm him and ask his opinion, he road a dragon for two days and then road a 06 800
summit X this past weekend. :eek: :kickass:

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've been a die hard Cat guy and this year I wanted to try the Yami 4 strokers, glad I did, I love the power and torque. Yes they are a bit heavier but the power and torque make up for it.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DFI

M8 or M1000 AC and get the SnoPro version. I luv EFI - it has not let me down.

Zar:d

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I've got the 08 XP and I love it. It fits a tall guy like me much better. Only complaint is the total lack of storage on the thing.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have seen them both in action in the Rockies side by side. Flip a coin. They are both incredible machines. You will be happy with either one.

ballsout

Reaction score
All I can say is talk to polarisrider soon to be renamed Doorider pm him and ask his opinion, he road a dragon for two days and then road a 06 800
summit X this past weekend. :eek: :kickass:

Exactly, an 06, unless you typo'ed that part.

I ride a stock 06 -800 and haven't been highmarked by an 08 or 09 yet, even when they were smaller guys riding the 08/09's.

highmarking ain't the end all be all of riding of course, but basically I ain't sold on the XP technology. I will stay with the 06 REV and see what the others bring out in the forth coming years.

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score

I ride a stock 06 -800 and haven't been highmarked by an 08 or 09 yet, even when they were smaller guys riding the 08/09's.

highmarking ain't the end all be all of riding of course, but basically I ain't sold on the XP technology. I will stay with the 06 REV and see what the others bring out in the forth coming years.

exactly, i rode a XP last year and hated ever bit of it, the dragon in my 2 cents is better then the xp but my 06 is night day difference to the dragon hands down, dont get me wrong though the dragon is an excelent sled, but ive been converted :D

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 800 XP with 1200km, its and awesome machine but it does take some adjusting too especially if you comming from and older model. The reduction and redistibution in weight is noticable. Once you figure it out its a dream. My only regret with my machine is that i bought the new design fresh from the design floor and has caused me a few trips to the dealer for the recalls - that been said the dealer fixed her up nice and the machine never failed me. If my machine were stolen today I wouldnt think twice about going to get the exact same unit.

I also agree that taking a test ride from a rental shop is a good idea if you dont have a strong preference on a brand.

Taz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

No typo 06/07 best chassy is our groups opinion. :bowdown::skidoo:

dfi

Reaction score
Had issues with my AC (Fri. Jan.16) and was forced to rent as I needed to get to my avalanche course(Valemont Jan.17/09), the rental was a 09 Summitt XP and it felt good. The only problem was I didn't get a chance to try it out due the avy course, (8 hr field course, no time to play,follow the group and participate in field sessions),the height was good (I'm 6'-3") and obviously it had a totally different feel compared to my 03 AC. Like the Doo but also interested in a 4-stroke, need to make a decision soon!
dfi

Top Bottom