longer belt better gearing..

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a post by Team on snowest and wanted to repost the good info here. TEAM Industries 2013 ProClimb testing - SnoWest Snowmobile Forum

This is the OP for any that are not members

Team has completed the calibration for the 2013 Arctic Cat 800 proclimb with the Tied driven clutch. With the 2.6 lug track we found that the stock drive clutch weights were too heavy. We tested in Island park Idaho again for 7 days. Three days we were in powder coming over the hood.

What we also found was a longer Arctic Cat OEM belt that seemed to work better for our calibration. The 0627-086 Cat belt comes factory on the 600 Arctic Cat race sled. It is roughly 3/8" longer than the 084 belt that comes factory on the proclimb machines. The 084 and the 086 are supposed to be the same compound, and the tuning showed this as well.

We settled on the 67 gram Arctic cat weights(0746-695) with the stock yellow/white drive spring. This year we will be providing a 20 tooth gear in the kit and a little stronger secondary spring as well.The spring will be our black/white with helix angles of 71-57.36/71-55.36. This was all tested between 6300 to 9500 ft.

The kits can be ordered on line or through any TEAM Industries parts dealer.The new kit will be part number 520907.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been fighting clutching heat and the 20 tooth gear helped a lot, I think the 086 belt will help also by giving better gearing. I have also been shy on rpm since new and loosing some weight should help.

Kyle91rs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try running the mds weights as well. I have those, team tied, 20t top gear, Belanger racing vented clutch cover and brake rotor cover, and I gotta say, no more belt or temp troubles for me!

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try running the mds weights as well. I have those, team tied, 20t top gear, Belanger racing vented clutch cover and brake rotor cover, and I gotta say, no more belt or temp troubles for me!
The Team Tied (with a few setup tricks) and MDS weights are the solution for belt blowers - I have the Tied on my "boosted" M1100T, 500 hard miles on belt. Contact Gene @ White Knuckle in Lloyd or Eric @ Racin Station in Driggs, Idaho. Obviously the 800 will have a different clutch caliberation then my 1100T, so my weights / spring / helix info will be of no benefit to you...

P_ZIZZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Team Tied (with a few setup tricks) and MDS weights are the solution for belt blowers - I have the Tied on my "boosted" M1100T, 500 hard miles on belt. Contact Gene @ White Knuckle in Lloyd or Eric @ Racin Station in Driggs, Idaho. Obviously the 800 will have a different clutch caliberation then my 1100T, so my weights / spring / helix info will be of no benefit to you...

What are you running on your 1100T? I have one I just picked up from Gene at WKM and am interested to see how other 1100 have handled power?

Predmech

Reaction score
I am currently installing a team tied clutch and a 086 belt on my 2012 800 HCR.I am having shimming problems.With all shims taken out I still have around .060 between alignment bar and stationary drive pulley??????

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am currently installing a team tied clutch and a 086 belt on my 2012 800 HCR.I am having shimming problems.With all shims taken out I still have around .060 between alignment bar and stationary drive pulley??????
Sounds like your top gear nut has backed off of the jackshaft. I would pull the chaincase cover & inspect.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have tried the mds weights and compared side by side with another identical sled several tuning days last year. and IMO opinion the mds weights suck. They have great bottom and mid but lose on top for sure. I run a 2012 M8 with a camo extreme 162 on it. I run the team tied with the same helix as in original post with 67.5 grams weight(dalton adjustable), 21 tooth gear. I aligned my clutches by doing a live alignment and i dont have much of a belt heat issue at all, and pulls way harder than before and gained track speed aswell.

Turbofreak

Reaction score
Hey guys...Have a 2012 1100T with a super chute 290...sled was a belt blowing nightmare even last year in close to stock form. But here is the fix for an 1100- the problem with the 1100 is primarily the 082 belt length is too short...belt bottoms out under full backshift and kerpow! One can assume with the 800's 084 belt that is a tad bit short for the 800's. Anyhow with 1100 T's, especially ones making close to 300 hp or running 3' tracks, the fix is an XS809 or XTX5022 ( Polaris Pro) belt with a team tied secondary, STM Hyvo Chain n Gears, OSP Jackshaft and OSP Motor stop braces. Now I know this seems like a lot of parts to keep a belt on a sled but I have tried everything and this is the only setup that is working for me...400 miles on XS 809 belt and still looks good. Running 174 3", 38/46 helix all titanium springs in sec and prim...92 grams on tipped cutler weights..220 lb guy. Gene @ WKM is getting a few belts from Gates with a carbon cord and close to 47" long in about 10 days time, I will be a test pilot for that as well. Some guys have just done braces with team secondary's and have luck with the 082 belt but y center to center is closer to 11.7 inches not 11.5...hope this helps and maybe next season Cat will add about 3/8's to their belt lengths.

Top Bottom