Long Island Lake Accident

Shortcut

Reaction score
Hey all, pretty serious accident out by the pits yesterday, haven't heard the extent of injuries, but when you see STARS in the air, it's not good. Sounds like no helments either. I see this quite frequently out in this area as I live hear. Doesn't matter how old you are, protect your coconut, it's the only one you have. Common sense should not be an option. Remember, we're getting lots of grief out here from the light horse association in regards to trail destruction, riding in the areas we're not supposed to be, garbage, etc. Recreation is exactly that: have fun out there, but overall remember to consider all other riders, no matter what there on (quad, bike, horse, whatever), and if you don't know the area, find someone that does, there is an extensive area out there to ride. Kudo's go out to all that pack out what they pack in, and any trail cleaning that is done when trees are blown over, creates less work in the fall for the snowmobile club.

Also, noticing more than quads this year (4x4 trucks, jeeps) remember guys, try to utilize the trails out there.

If anyone needs a little info on the area, pm me and hopefully I can help.

Just ranting.

Hitchguy

Reaction score
Too all that were involved and to all the families affected my Thoughts and Prayers go out to each and everyone of you. Please do not speculate unless you were there! this is not the time to start the rumor mill :(

Shortcut

Reaction score
I had just heard late yesterday as well. My condolences to the family, and hope a quick recovery to the others.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man that is sad,condolences to all involved!
catmando!

Tecno

Reaction score
I road with them thursday when they got there. This sucks so bad I don't know what to say! There is nothing I can say but I wish it never happened.

vuldub

Reaction score
The article seems to indicate that there were three persons on one quad?

Its a tragedy when something like this happens. My condolences to the family.

Top Bottom