Loading ramp mod

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally got tired of finding a snowbank to load the old sled. Went to Princess Auto and got the tri-fold ramp and found out the sled won't climb it due to the skags. Anybody know where I can buy the plastic sheets to put on it?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Innovative Plastics on Yellowhead Trail!
catmando!

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much do you need? Might have some kicking around when I replaced my sled deck plastic with super glides. I live north of 16 on RR20 close to Onoway.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i riveted some strips of old boxliner to my trifold which is a very short ramp as i wanted to be able to close the tailgate of my 5'8" box abd roll the truxedo to hide the ramp when the sled wasnt in the truck. loading somethimes is interesting as you have to have some good momentum

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to your local UFA dealer and get some 'puck board'. You only need the 1/8" thick stuff, I think it is about $40 for a 4'x8' sheet.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
old boxliner is the best just have to find a donor.

Bucky

Reaction score
I would be careful with this type of ramp, a buddy of mine had a princess auto ramp and it folded up on him twice while he was loading his sled, put a few nice gashes on his truck and his shroud. Ended up buying another ramp built for sleds. If i remember correctly it was too short(making it too steep) for loading a sled, and he had a short track.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be careful with this type of ramp, a buddy of mine had a princess auto ramp and it folded up on him twice while he was loading his sled, put a few nice gashes on his truck and his shroud. Ended up buying another ramp built for sleds. If i remember correctly it was too short(making it too steep) for loading a sled, and he had a short track.

Funny thing, the exact same thing happened to a guy I work with a couple years ago. He wasn't to happy about it, I do believe the ramp no longer exists LOL!!!!! Thanks for that flashback, I needed a good laugh:d

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we put the puck board on ours and it seems to work good. i have found you can't hit the ramps with to much speed because the sled will push the ramps and it will fold your end gate up.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Funny thing, the exact same thing happened to a guy I work with a couple years ago. He wasn't to happy about it, I do believe the ramp no longer exists LOL!!!!! Thanks for that flashback, I needed a good laugh:d

Not sure how this could happen:confused: I have a tri-fold ramp that I use mainly for my quad and once or twice a year to take an extra sled along in the pickup. I'm trying to picture how the ramp could fold up when loading....??
You're right about the carbides biting into the aluminum though. I put the 1/4 inch neoprene strips on but I think I'm taking them off and putting on old box liner.

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure how this could happen:confused: I have a tri-fold ramp that I use mainly for my quad and once or twice a year to take an extra sled along in the pickup. I'm trying to picture how the ramp could fold up when loading....??
You're right about the carbides biting into the aluminum though. I put the 1/4 inch neoprene strips on but I think I'm taking them off and putting on old box liner.

The old box liner works great the ski rods follow the grooves.

Top Bottom