Load Securement

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work in the patch over here in Lloyminster area the word is that the dots are going to be checking straps for ratings i have a inclosed but i thought i would pass this along to the people using open trailers and sled decks as i know there has been a big problem hauling into BC

Are you saying because you have an enclosed trailer you don't have to secure your load? Better rethink that.

Load securement is to prevent crashing rather than "for" crashing.

The size of the rigging required to stop these kinds of forces in crash would be unrealistic.

"Load securement is to prevent crashing rather than "for" crashing."

Could you say that again? Not sure I'm reading it right.
If I am reading it right you are saying that load securement will stop you from crashing and it is not for securing your load if you are in a crash. Tell me I'm not reading it right.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been looking around for new tie-down straps for the Jan 01 deadline: PA, CT, etc. Found these at Okotokos Costco yesterday for $24.95.

They are even made in Canada. 2" wide and the specs are in the picture. With Costco's guarantee, they are (IMHO) a heck of a deal.....

they should work for towing cats back as well

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a thought.....when tying down any load you should secure the starp to a fixed part of the load as obossed to the suspened part of the load..

ie for quads secure to the axles not the frame or racks....

For sleds I use the bars over the skiis and straps to the skid....

Less straps break and more loads make to there destination....

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do these laws not apply to commercial vehicles only? if so who cares?
another one do these dot in bc just pull you over and stop you, i have never been stopped by dot with my private vehicle, or are guys pulling into the scales for them. private vehicle does not have to stop at scale does it? regardless of your weight. even tractor trailers are excempt from the scale if they are privately owned and not being used for commercial reasons.
kinda confused over all this stuff.

Top Bottom