Living in and around Salmon Arm B.C

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if any one lives in or around salmon arm, looking at moving to BC, just trying to find a decent place.

If anyone has any input on different places feel free to chime in!

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you looking for info on residential areas / home? I live is Armstrong (30 mins from Salmon Arm) and my wife is from there.

Just wondering if any one lives in or around salmon arm, looking at moving to BC, just trying to find a decent place.

If anyone has any input on different places feel free to chime in!

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really like Salmon Arm but if you're looking to find work there for yourself or spouse that will pay enough to enjoy the lifestyle keep looking.

Syclone74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I moved from up north two years ago to blindbay 15mins west of salmon arm. Love the area and have no regrets. If you need a realtor I know a good one.

Last edited:

Jordan1924

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I work away so no jobs isn't really an issue, is there any areas u recommend or any to stay away from?

And of course what's the sledding like?

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am not aware of any "do not live areas" in Salmon Arm and we have lots of friends and relatives there. As for sledding, other than Fly Hills you have to drive anywhere from 1/2 to 1.5 hr and it is endless. Sicamous, Eagles, Hunters, Crowfoot, Quest, Revi, Lumby. Lots of choices!

I work away so no jobs isn't really an issue, is there any areas u recommend or any to stay away from?

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a place for sale just outside Sicamous if you're interested.

ktm 13-44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I spend lots of time in salmon arm. Its a nice place, but you should look into life in Revelstoke. Its a pretty amazing town. just sayin.

as for sledding? yeah its unreal

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Salmon Arm is in a great location 100kms from either Kelowna or Kamloops.Right next to the Shuswap chain of lakes,right on the #1 HWY.Real close to Sicamous ie: owls head,quest,eagles.

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
<snip>
I work away so no jobs isn't really an issue,

Is it going to be an issue if you can't get to work ? Driving,flying for work will often see several days delays at times in the winter. Flying out of Kelowna is probably pretty reliable. ?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm in Vernon, about 45min. away. haha.....nice place too live...if you can find work, especialy a work that pays.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fly out of Kelowna lots and they are pretty reliable. Not much different than the larger airports. Kelowna now has direct daily flights to LA.

<snip>

Is it going to be an issue if you can't get to work ? Driving,flying for work will often see several days delays at times in the winter. Flying out of Kelowna is probably pretty reliable. ?

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I fly out of Kelowna lots and they are pretty reliable. Not much different than the larger airports. Kelowna now has direct daily flights to LA.
Agreed I've never had any delays out of either Kelowna or Kamloops.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

IMO the BEST in the entire province and i've sledded pretty much everywhere in this province. Lots of awsome sledding, why do you think every one with their dog wants to come sledding here. I'm a certified professional guide for Sicamous, Enderby and Revelstoke if you need one. I'll get you into places the majority of riders have no clue they exist and i adapt the ride to rider skills...so no worries.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO the BEST in the entire province and i've sledded pretty much everywhere in this province. Lots of awsome sledding, why do you think every one with their dog wants to come sledding here. I'm a certified professional guide for Sicamous, Enderby and Revelstoke if you need one. I'll get you into places the majority of riders have no clue they exist and i adapt the ride to rider skills...so no worries.

X2.

Mike's a awsome guide

sent from my I phone kicking azz HTC

Top Bottom