little problem on yfz 450

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 yfz 450. it has twin air air filter, no baffel, and a 170 main jet. it starts and idles good. when I rev realy fast off idel it will bog, if I give it a little gas and pin her it revs no problem. I tried a 172 main jet and it was worse. should I go leaner? what is wrong?

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 yfz 450. it has twin air air filter, no baffel, and a 170 main jet. it starts and idles good. when I rev realy fast off idel it will bog, if I give it a little gas and pin her it revs no problem. I tried a 172 main jet and it was worse. should I go leaner? what is wrong?

its not a main jet issue sounds like a lean pilot jet!

Mikehunt

Reaction score
That is normal. The FCR carb doesn't like the throttle to be stab more rolled on. It is caused by the accelerator pump giving it too much fuel. You can get a bosien quick shot accelerator for the fixes the problem.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The FCR 39/41 removes the low end take off bog on rhino's. I was told the one reason they were made for dirt bikes was for quick acceleration from a stop,.. why would it be different on a sport bike?

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a dyno jet kit in it and now IT NEVER BOGS!!! I cant keep the front wheels on the ground :)

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It rarley does, not as much as before. when your driving it at idle and pin it it has a little bog. I might not keep this quad, some guy wants to trade me for a 2007 ktm 250 sx-f :rolleyes:

man trading again? ur like that guy that traded his pencil for a pen, pen for a marker etc etc throughout his life until he had a half million dollar hous eand that was a long time ago lol

Top Bottom