Strange Problems Running Turbo 700cc big bore

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Start the sled, and it idles extremely low and bogs out, re start it and it idles normally. But the speedo doesn't light up, and the lights are very dim. Accelerate, and it take A LOT of throttle to even get the sled to move, sometimes in fact i can go to the bars and it wont idle up. I just had the engine apart, engine is not blown, but does have an internal coolant leak.

I will take a video on my problem tomorrow, as it's already dark, it started doing this in November and never got around to actually riding it as the coolant leak is not from the head o rings or the base gasket. so i wasn't too concerned, i have time to fix it now, but have come across this problem as well.

I put Supreme Tool Adjustable weights in 50g base and added 25g on each to get 75 gram base for my big bore(which i was using before but non adjustable), and since i put those new weights in i can't get it to rev up.

Today i went out and gave it a try, started the sled with the belt, dash wont even light up... Sled runs, sounds normal, but the speedo doesn't light up. So, i try to drive the sled, wont even engage the clutch. Took off the belt, and watched the clutch, it doesn't compress at all until a certain RPM, but i can't even tell because the speedo wont light up, and then once it gets to that rpm, it literally pops, and fully compresses.

Primary clutch checked out fine, inspected everything and nothing seemed wrong to the eye. Spring intact, weights weren't hitting. nothing that i could see.

One thing i do know for sure is that i still have my coolant leak. Once i finish putting in the hydraulic pump on our old 3020 i am going to rip the engine out and inspect everything once more.

Sled is a
2004 Arctic Cat F7 Firecat SnoPro EFI
Aerocharger 53 Series Turbocharger
D&D 800 Big Bore
D&D Y-Pipe-Speedworks Pipe-2.5" Downpipe
153" Mountain Cat Rails with Attack 20 2.25"
Custom Clutching 22-41 Gears 8 Tooth Drivers
Rising Rate Fuel Pressure Regulator
Attitude Industries Turbo Control Box
AEM Air Fuel Ratio and Boost Gauge
Digitron EGT Display
06 ECU