99 rmk 700 not pulling rpms? help!

Gunman

Reaction score
I'm really stumped here, this sled was running perfect last winter until the cdi crapped out, just put the new one in and now the engine won't rev unless there is no weight on the track, nothing has changed other than the cdi, put it in the snow and it has a hard time pulling 6000 rpm's, has anyone experienced this problem? I had a similar problem with it when I first got it, I simply changed the main jets from 210's to 195's problem solved, this time it seems much more severe, it really bogs down and has no power of the start, it seems quite possible its the carbs, I guess I'll start by cleaning and re-tuning them, change the fuel filter, try fresh gas (maybe whats in it is stale?!), if that doesn't work then I'll burn it and collect the insurance money! lol!:laugh::laugh:

Gunman

Reaction score
Ya the sled pulls like SOB now, I'm wondering if its worth it to keep it and put a longer track and aftermarket shocks and ski's or sell it and get something newer, it's in mint shape with only one scratch on it that could be fixed in an hour, I am putting a gold finger left hand throttle and a 3.5" pivot riser and bar hooks on it and maybe modify the running boards for better foot traction, I've been told that the motor was really tough and not very finicky in these machines, whats everyone's opinion?

Top Bottom