Liquid Image vs GoPro

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leaning towards the new liquid image 1080p goggle. Who has what to say about how they stand up against the GoPro's?

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A lot less conspicuous than a go pro. Less chance of losing the camera in the trees, unless you have a really hard impact! Videos I have seen on youtube look comparable.... Have read a few reviews of the goggles not fitting very well in some helmets. Not sure on the optic quality...

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both the go pro(which is now for sale) and also the liquid image goggles. I have the 780P hd LI goggles and they take amazing fooyage and there is never any guess work if it's on or pointed in the right direction. IMO the goggle cams are hands down the best.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the gopro because I'll be using it for dirtbiking
And quading in the summer aswell, don't want to have to wear my sledding goggles in the mud and such

Sent from my mobile telephone

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the gopro because I'll be using it for dirtbiking
And quading in the summer aswell, don't want to have to wear my sledding goggles in the mud and such

Sent from my mobile telephone

Liquid image makes a summer kit for there goggles where it uses a sinle pane lense and such.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have both the go pro(which is now for sale) and also the liquid image goggles. I have the 780P hd LI goggles and they take amazing fooyage and there is never any guess work if it's on or pointed in the right direction. IMO the goggle cams are hands down the best.

How are the Goggle lenses in flat light and super sunny days?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The off road version looks like it comes with a nose protector. Will the nose attachment work for the snow version as well?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you carry these Glen?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The off road version looks like it comes with a nose protector. Will the nose attachment work for the snow version as well?

Yes the nose guard will work on the snow series also. And yes i do carry them. I should have more this coming week.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although I don't use the GoPro ( I have a Drift), I prefer the versatility of the helmet cams. I've had mine mounted everywhere from the front to the back of my sled pointed in different directions for a variety of video angles as well as on my watercraft and in various places on my Jeep. Goggles would be good if that's the only view you ever want to record I guess.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep that's y I got a helmet cam and not goggle cam.

Way more versatile with more than one mounting

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We are liquid image dealers/distributors and carry both the 720's and the 1080's. These things flat out rock. The 1080's can film in both 720 and 1080. The 1080's also have nifty little feature that allows you to take a picture every 3 seconds!! They come with 2 lenses the ionized and amber these are both dual paned and are made by Oakley. They come with a 4GB micro SD card, USB cables, rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery and the cables required to recharge your batteries.

You can buy wall mount charges, replaceable foam, a variety of other lenses including a polarized lens and extra batteries if you choose as well.

The goggles have outriggers that you can pop in or out to allow for some adjustability for fit to different helmets. We have run our goggles in our daughters youth size small helmet up to Larry's size adult 2XL with no issues in fit.

Jan

eatmymud

Reaction score
We are liquid image dealers/distributors and carry both the 720's and the 1080's. These things flat out rock. The 1080's can film in both 720 and 1080. The 1080's also have nifty little feature that allows you to take a picture every 3 seconds!! They come with 2 lenses the ionized and amber these are both dual paned and are made by Oakley. They come with a 4GB micro SD card, USB cables, rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery and the cables required to recharge your batteries.

You can buy wall mount charges, replaceable foam, a variety of other lenses including a polarized lens and extra batteries if you choose as well.

The goggles have outriggers that you can pop in or out to allow for some adjustability for fit to different helmets. We have run our goggles in our daughters youth size small helmet up to Larry's size adult 2XL with no issues in fit.

Jan
can i use the impact liquid images for the snow iv seen the spec and their both equal water resistant but do the summit goggles have anything specific?? thanks

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
Yes, you can use your Impact series goggles on the snow, but you may want to purchase a couple of different Summit series lens for your Impact series goggles. The difference between the Impact and Summit series goggles is in the lens supplied with the goggles. The Impact series in general ship with a single pane clear lens and the Summit series ship with a amber and a Ionized double lens. The Summit series ship without a nose guard which you can purchase seperately. Hope that helps

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the Goggle cams are pretty limited as to what you can do with them. The same old angle gets boring quick with a POV cam. And with the GoPro you can use it for everything from dirtbiking to scuba diving and everything in between. And of course a bunch more angles and viewpoints.

I also really like my GoPro for wide view still shots. Takes excellent pics.

Last edited:

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We have caught some good footage of stuff that is not expected with the google cams simply because of we where wearing them and looked in the direction that the action started happening in. LIC has also released the Ego this year which can be mounted in multiple locations with the different styles of mounts available. It is also Wifi compatible so you view/control the camera with your smart phone and the action connect app.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Goggle cams seem to be good quality for sure and they would be handy and out of the way. I prefer a helmet cam for mounting options and we use ours as a hand held a lot too. The Drift has a screen so you can see where you're lined up. It's good to set places like under jumps etc. I also use 3 pairs of goggles per ride, I like switching for light conditions, the ride out etc...plus they get wet in the pow - I like a dry goggle so they get rotated in the goggle warmer.

Top Bottom