limiter strap

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow its another LHF but less knowledgeble

why does my summit 600 beat my summit 800 in a race? suspension setup. its catwalking and im transfering power forward not up like modman said. also more track on the ground

I know that but I was talkin about catwalkin not raceing

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
slave lake dosent have any big hills. we dont have a club there isnt any snowmobile races. I'm lucky to get to the mountiants once a year. now u know

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Please explain who "people like me" are exactly since you know me.

This should be interesting.

As for my riding abilities.......yep I suck. Hardly even know which side of the bars the throttle is on. Leaning is very important I guess then? Maybe I should learn how. Let's go out to the mountains and you can teach me how. I'm going out the long weekend, maybe the 16th, and then again on the 25/26th. Revy? I only ride a 440 so you'll have to go easy on me.

My spidy senses are tingling and sensing a bit of sarcasm here.lol:rolleyes::d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im sorry i didnt mean to make u mad. have fun on the 440:beer:

LOL - I'm not mad. The internet is a funny thing.

Just disregard my first post, no apology needed, I'm kind of a fun-loving guy, I like to joke around, no harm done. Its been a long, rough week for me, lots of people getting laid off around me - probably a little to harsh on the responses because of it - I'm probably a little too high strung right now. We should all help one another out.

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL - I'm not mad. The internet is a funny thing.

Just disregard my first post, no apology needed, I'm kind of a fun-loving guy, I like to joke around, no harm done. Its been a long, rough week for me, lots of people getting laid off around me - probably a little to harsh on the responses because of it - I'm probably a little too high strung right now. We should all help one another out.

Does this mean all the porting idea's won't help me be a good rider and I have to leave my training wheels on????

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when ur skis dont touch the ground u learn to lean.:d U should try maby u will learn to ride:d:rolleyes:

LOL that's the funniest thing I've heard, haven't you noticed that when you catwalk over drifts you promptly lose speed/traction... then the front end comes back down and you take off. Doesn't this click into your brain? You're not any cooler in my books cause you can pull a long catwalk...

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone can ride however they want. Whats the point in doing something that doesn't tickle your nutz.
Riding down a field catwalking at 60 mph and passing cars on the adjacent highway is cool too.
EACH TO HIS OWN
He likes his skis in the air ....so be it...you not right because your skis are down. There is no right or wrong in that. But you guys are wrong for telling him how to have his style of FUN.

Try telling me how YOU think I should have FUN and you will get a fast FAWK YOU.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone can ride however they want. Whats the point in doing something that doesn't tickle your nutz.
Riding down a field catwalking at 60 mph and passing cars on the adjacent highway is cool too.
EACH TO HIS OWN

right on Rocket. The kid was only lookin for advice as to whether or not it will damage his sled. Couple of us gave hime some good advice, the rest of the baboons jumped on him and tore him apart. Save that chit for the Max thread site where everyone expects to be trashed.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks alot guys:beer:. I didn't know when u ask a question that u would eaten by the vultures:eek::eek: aneways I love the mountiants but I'm not rich and cant really afford to go more than Once a year:(

ponyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CAT WALKING cool. these guy's are just giving you the gear's my friend. but most of them are correct . you do run the risk of spearing your track , and if your 8 mile's past the chalet at CHATTER CREEK this is not a good thing, especially if you are the tow sled . bin dare dun DAT !!! So loosen it off a couple of hole's but not all the way PS ....The best cat walk , is the one at the top of the biggest Hill "YOU " have ever climbed . so have fun @ play safe . PONYBOY

black brute07 650

Reaction score
letting out or removing the limiter strap also increases the odds that your rails will stab thru a track window in deep snow when encountering hidden obstacles. ka-ching.....

That is exactly what happened to me, i would not recomend it. It sucks in deep snow.

Canuck 1

Reaction score
My 2000 700 summit has an adjustable one. Just loosen a lock nut and turn an adjuster wheel retighten the lock nut and away you go. I dont know and I realy doubt they can be retrofitted. Maybe some one makes an aftermarket adjustable one?

Top Bottom