limiter strap

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 summit 144 i was wondering if I could remove the limiter strap for better catwalking. Does this hurt anything? It allready walks with no trouble but I really gotta pull on flat ground.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 summit 144 i was wondering if I could remove the limiter strap for better catwalking. Does this hurt anything? It allready walks with no trouble but I really gotta pull on flat ground.

:rolleyes: Your limiter strap is totally useless... :rolleyes: I mean, why would you want to keep the front of the sled on the ground..:rolleyes: ... other than the fact that it helps climbing and all...:rolleyes:...but who cares if you are the lowest mark on the hill, you'll look uber-cool pulling wheelies in the parking lot. That's all that matters anyway.

To help it really perform, you should port your gas tank as well and get rid of your muffler bearings, they are totally useless.

The more you catwalk - the less you climb.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeh but it is still cool to catwalk all the time on the trail and in the parking lot :p

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Your limiter strap is totally useless... :rolleyes: I mean, why would you want to keep the front of the sled on the ground..:rolleyes: ... other than the fact that it helps climbing and all...:rolleyes:...but who cares if you are the lowest mark on the hill, you'll look uber-cool pulling wheelies in the parking lot. That's all that matters anyway.

To help it really perform, you should port your gas tank as well and get rid of your muffler bearings, they are totally useless.

Modman,
You should install titanium Piston return springs to lightweight the front end and increase horsepower

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
letting out or removing the limiter strap also increases the odds that your rails will stab thru a track window in deep snow when encountering hidden obstacles. ka-ching.....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
...and it's called a "limiter strap" because it "limits" the rebound of your shock so you don't blow the shock rod through the top of the shock body.

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com

Must invent 'Quick Limiter Strap Adjuster'...less work to be cool in two places the same day!!! :d

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Modman,
You should install titanium Piston return springs to lightweight the front end and increase horsepower

OHHHHH YEAHHHHH!!!! I forgot about them. I was thinking of porting my riding gear too but I will do the piston return spring instead. I was really hoping to empty my headlight fluid as well to help it wheelie but I still want to be able to ride at night. Do you think this is a good idea?

I read somewhere there is a ski lightening mod that you can do with a sawzall, you just cut the ski tip off and it makes it lighter.

I'm looking to get more compression, if you know where I can buy a can of it, let me know.

Thanks.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

what do you think I'm some kinda idiot. Take a look and see where I live fool. mountiant climbing is the last thing I'm worried about.:rant: I didn't ask for a smart a$$ responce!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
what do you think I'm some kinda idiot. Take a look and see where I live fool. mountiant climbing is the last thing I'm worried about.:rant: I didn't ask for a smart a$$ responce!

around here you don't have to ask....they are distributed freely:d

my mod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OHHHHH YEAHHHHH!!!! I forgot about them. I was thinking of porting my riding gear too but I will do the piston return spring instead. I was really hoping to empty my headlight fluid as well to help it wheelie but I still want to be able to ride at night. Do you think this is a good idea?

I read somewhere there is a ski lightening mod that you can do with a sawzall, you just cut the ski tip off and it makes it lighter.

I'm looking to get more compression, if you know where I can buy a can of it, let me know.

Thanks.

remove headlight and mount on Helmet, then you can see wherever you look
Ski's are over rated anyways, use the sawzall, but watch out when you make to many mods and get it tooo lightweight you might have to order a John Force wheelie bar. You could save some money if you took one (modified) ski off the front and mounted it on the back on your new John Force Wheelie Bar:rolleyes:

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

with a question like that on this site one has to wonder. LOL I wouldn't remove the limiter strap for the same reasons that ZRrrr states, unless you like replacing shocks. I had to replace the shock in my sled because I tagged a rock and broke it. Around $300 for the shock. If catwalking means that much to you go ahead and remove the limiter, but remember this, "It now becomes and unlimiter to you bank account.

Hows that for an answer? a little smart a$$ and a lot of wisdom.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you are serious. Yes you can but only with a High End shock like a ZBROZ/EXIT from the Zollinger Boys.
There middle shocks have a heavy duty internal extension stop built in to them.

BigDawg from Summer Sucks is our Canadian Rep for ZBROZ

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not sure why you want to wheelie, you might think it looks cool, but most sledders know that if you want to wheelie, just take the strap out or loosen it all the way. Not rocket science and will often end up in more damage than anything. I just laugh at them when I see people doing this because its really easy to tell when the front of their suspension is all dropped out, they disconnected the limiter strap on their sled and that's the real reason its lifting the skis, not that it has that much power......

All the effort your motor puts into converting rotational energy into forward energy is then used up as you try and counteract gravity by converting that forward energy into horizontal energy to try and get the front of the sled 3 feet off the ground. Wheelie prone sleds are fun for about 2 mins and then you spend all your time and effort trying to control the stupid thing.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMAO!!! Check your attitude at the door maybe, we were only having some fun. How the heck do I know what kind of riding you do?? Lots of peeps from AB and sask go to the mountains lots each year.

I gotta ask - how old are you? because often times I see this question from some kid who wants to wheelie in the ditches alongside the highway and look cool to all his buddies. In the end, they stab the rails through the track, wreck everything and go over the handlebars - not so cool.

But hey - you want an answer - might not be the one you want to hear but OK, here goes!!!!

Do you really understand what happens when you wheelie??? Not a friggin' thing.

Not sure why you want to wheelie, you might think it looks cool, but most sledders know that if you want to wheelie, just take the strap out or loosen it all the way. Not rocket science and will often end up in more damage than anything. I just laugh at them when I see people doing this because its really easy to tell when the front of their suspension is all dropped out, they disconnected the limiter strap on their sled and that's the real reason its lifting the skis, not that it has that much power......

All the effort your motor puts into converting rotational energy into forward energy is then used up as you try and counteract gravity by converting that forward energy into horizontal energy to try and get the front of the sled 3 feet off the ground. Wheelie prone sleds are fun for about 2 mins and then you spend all your time and effort trying to control the stupid thing.

Guess us "fools" don't know anything though.

You can be sure that I'll respond the next time you're looking for help.
Thats ok I meet people like u everday.

powerteker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when ur skis dont touch the ground u learn to lean.:d U should try maby u will learn to ride:d:rolleyes:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow its another LHF but less knowledgeble

why does my summit 600 beat my summit 800 in a race? suspension setup. its catwalking and im transfering power forward not up like modman said. also more track on the ground

the Champ

Reaction score

Thanks.

Wow Modman those are all really SWEET ideas , haha!!! Don't forget to port ALL the fuel lines,track lugs and of course the piston head!!:d

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's an even better mod for you, adds a lot more power to your sled, and it is a LOT louder for the rider, prob. what ya like. Find some flex hose for exhaust and make sure to get the expensive stuff so there are no leaks. Port the side of your helmet and clamp one end from the bottom of your can and the other end to the newly ported helmet. Adds about the same hp as a monster sticker.

Top Bottom