Limiter strap on a 12 polaris pro

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Busted the limiter strap on the wife's 12 pro.

Easy fix right? $23 strap and $12 worth of hardware that was lost on the trail.

I'm not sure if I'm retarded or what but I can't figure this out. If I use the factory provided holes the strap ends up with WAY to much slack OR I can't squish the suspension enough to get the holes to line up. It seems as if there is no middle ground.

On the top I need to use first hole to second hole to keep a tight loop otherwise the strap is sloppy and rubs on the underside of the track. On the bottom if I go first hole to second hole I have about 4" of slack in the strap which seems excessive and if I go second hole I have the same issue as the top with track contact. I tried squishing the suspension right down and still cant make one consecutive loop like the axys is set up.

This should be friggin easy, am I just retarded... should I drill a hole in the strap to make it fit comfortably?

Attachments

• limiter on #1.jpg
    limiter on #1.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 279
  • limiter on #2 hole.jpg
    limiter on #2 hole.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 277

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I suppose that's a possibility..... it should not be this hard

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t the straps have a common hole so they fit together half way not one on each end that is the way mine is setup

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Don’t the straps have a common hole so they fit together half way not one on each end that is the way mine is setup

That's how my axys is but on this one I can't compress the suspension enough to get a full loop, and even if I could it would take all the travel out of my skid. I'm thinking it's gotta be the wrong part, otherwise I'm stumped.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Send Rhodesie a PM, pretty sure he can help you and tell you if you have the right strap or not

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The top bolt actually passes threw 3 pieces of strap. Once you make the loop around the cross bar of the skid the slack/tail goes right up to the top bolt on the scissor arm and bolts in place. It sounds confusing now that I write it but hopefully you understand what I mean. If not, shoot me a message with a phone number and I can send you pix from my pros.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
The top bolt actually passes threw 3 pieces of strap. Once you make the loop around the cross bar of the skid the slack/tail goes right up to the top bolt on the scissor arm and bolts in place. It sounds confusing now that I write it but hopefully you understand what I mean. If not, shoot me a message with a phone number and I can send you pix from my pros.

I know what you mean and that is how my 18 axys is set up, but in this case even with the suspension fully compressed I don't have enough to get those 3 holes lined up. Unless I have to undo one of the shocks or something but that seems unnecessary as the purpose of the limiter is to stop extreme travel not normal travel.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Torque arm.jpg

It's the right strap and it turns out the reason it won't fit has nothing to do with the strap itself.

When I went to the other side of the sled to try and tighten up the strap bolts I found a broken weld on my front tourque arm. Guess this is a bigger project than just a strap.

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol, ya that will make all the difference in the world. Give kitty cat parts a call )he is just in Evansburg and may have a scissor arm off a wrecked skid he’d sell you. If not I am sure he will have dozens of skids.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Lol, ya that will make all the difference in the world. Give kitty cat parts a call )he is just in Evansburg and may have a scissor arm off a wrecked skid he’d sell you. If not I am sure he will have dozens of skids.

He does, thank you.....

Top Bottom