Lightweight Skidoo battery?

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive looked online but cant seem to find anything, im wondering what is out there for lightweight batteries for the skidoo xp? Any ideas?

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive looked online but cant seem to find anything, im wondering what is out there for lightweight batteries for the skidoo xp? Any ideas?
my buddy told me that neil mclarren aka NM on here sellls some kind of light weight battery for sleds

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys, im happy with the pull start, i have a starter to put in and thought it would be worth checking out.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys, im happy with the pull start, i have a starter to put in and thought it would be worth checking out.
Check out Ballistic batteries on ebay. Got the 9 cell for the 1200 but good till -10 and then barrly turns over but the 1200 turns over way harder than a xp going to put it on wifes xp.Onlt weights 1.8 lbs.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron....maybe you could use that in your scooter,, ya ole fart,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol mines the red one !

Attachments

• Kens scooter Gang at the bar.jpg
    Kens scooter Gang at the bar.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 123

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took the one out of my gsxr sportbike, little smaller and a bit lighter but not by much, just saved me having to buy another battery.

spikeydave

Reaction score
Not sure what the battery make was but up in grassland skidoo they have a lithium ion battery that weight nothing, I thought it was fake as it literally weighed less than a pound or so. Give them a shout and ask them what the make is and may find one closer to you. Cost was 250 but if you want light there ya go.

SNAFU

Reaction score
Lot's of the Yamaha Turbo guys are going with a YUASA YTZ-7S. That is what I use in my Nytro. It has worked well for 3 years except at -20C, then I need to boost the sled. After the initial jump in the morning, the battery will start the sled all day. I can't remember the weight specs, but it is around 5 pounds. You can get the YTZ-10s which is a little bigger but has a few more CCA's.

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is what Earth X had to say:
Hi Cory, that sled will need our ETX24. Unfortunately, the model will not be available to ship until Feb next year.

and here is what Antigravity Batteries had to say:
For the 800 we would recommend our 12-cell battery... But it also depends on the type of riding you do... If you want more performance oriented where your saving big weight but have nice cranking amps the 12-cell is a good choice... if you do more long rides way in the outback you may want to go with the 16-Cell because it has more capacity... the 16-Cell would have just massive power for your 800 probably a bit much... but it would give you more capacity if you wanted to be closer to your stock batteries capacity. But keep in mind our batteries are much smaller than your stock battery.... if your looking for a drop in fit we don't really have that... Next week we are going to be offering a battery that has a case format similar to the 20-bs but it will still be smaller... it is in the case format of the YTX12 which is a common powersports format but still 1 inch shorter than your stock battery...What type of unit are you looking for? To save the most weight or to have the best fit?The 12-Cell is $219... the prices, dimensions, weights, and stats are all on the website at antigravitybatteries.com under the products heading.

Regards,

Last edited:
Top Bottom