Lights on Deck??

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know at what width side clearance lights are necessary? Can you just use reflective tape?

I can't find it......yet. I was hoping to not go through TC's 250page regs list.

Thanks

W

woodies

to be safe anything wider than your truck box.don't need dot heat!

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody know at what width side clearance lights are necessary? Can you just use reflective tape?

I can't find it......yet. I was hoping to not go through TC's 250page regs list.

Thanks

I'll check my DOT book when I get home But I know on big trucks anything wider than the cab has to have marker lights on it with a reflective lens or tape at each corner.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Here is a bit of info on what is required for reflectors....sorry, not lights.

Attachments

• TrailerReflectors_2.jpg
    TrailerReflectors_2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 235

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
A good rule of thumb is put lights on the widest part of the vehicle.Should keep you out of trouble.

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
denali trucks with 4WS needed them (6 inches wider then normal trucks) so i would say anything over the edge of the box.

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so on the back of a deck a reflector should work i have no location for a light? i cant make heads or tails of this metric crap lets talk inches, like who ownsa metric tape? do they make such a thing lol.

Jake

Reaction score
Where it states anything wider than 2032mm, that's 6' 8", according to my lufkin pocket calculator.

Hirmkin

Reaction score
Anything over 80" wide needs two front yellow marker lights on the outside of the deck. On the rear you should have four red lights two facing the outside and two facing the rear also three red in the middle of the deck. If the clearance lights don't have the refractors incorporated in them you need to add reflectors.

Top Bottom