Level kits

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you could always pull out a couple leafs in the back and throw some airbags in. that would probably allow you to drop the back end and fit in the garage, while still having clearance when you need it. Or go the easy way and put an adjustable riser on your sled. . I imagine that would get you an extra couple inches of space.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read a couple of posts ago that you like your trucks low. I'd like a little more clearance for spring riding to go over the rocks in some of our creek beds. I'm not going crazy here but I sort of thought 20" rims would be nice. To each their own, eh!

If your looking strictly for improved clearance without effecting your overall height get a body lift, like 2-3inches. If i'm correct, your truck has a deck and no box correct?
So do strictly a cab lift, this will allow you to install some slightly taller tires thus giving you improved ground clearance. The deck will only go up in accordance to tire size then.
It will also look good. You'ed be able to put them 20inch wheels then.

I prefer the looks of a taller truck just like everyone and have owned a few, just find them not very user friendly as a real truck. Box too high, ramps are steeper, loading and unloading is more difficult, fuel efficiency is not as good, neither is the power as you tend to want to use larger tires on them for looks. Anyhow each to their own like you said.
Anyhow, body lift might be an option.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
.............................. Or go the easy way and put an adjustable riser on your sled. . I imagine that would get you an extra couple inches of space.

Yes, that is an alternative. If I do the deed, then even if I readjust the bars an inch is not a big problem. I can get used to the riding position.

I will load the sled today and measure. Yesterday, I got the measurements from an identical truck with 20" wheels and a 2" lift kit.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If your looking strictly for improved clearance without effecting your overall height get a body lift, like 2-3inches. If i'm correct, your truck has a deck and no box correct?
So do strictly a cab lift, this will allow you to install some slightly taller tires thus giving you improved ground clearance. The deck will only go up in accordance to tire size then.
It will also look good. You'ed be able to put them 20inch wheels then.

I prefer the looks of a taller truck just like everyone and have owned a few, just find them not very user friendly as a real truck. Box too high, ramps are steeper, loading and unloading is more difficult, fuel efficiency is not as good, neither is the power as you tend to want to use larger tires on them for looks. Anyhow each to their own like you said.
Anyhow, body lift might be an option.

Body lift sounds real expensive.......................????

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Body lift sounds real expensive.......................????

Heck no....and simple. A good off road shop will have one installed in a couple of hours, i have personally done them myself.
All they will do is unbolt your cab and lift just enough to place the spacers in and rebolt with new longer bolts. Without getting carried away a 2inch body lift will require nothing else, all wiring and components will remain as is (The cool thing of drive by wire, unlike the older trucks with linkages). Plus being its just a cab lift your cost will be alot less then a full body lift.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
If I put on 20" wheels and 275/70R20 tires with a 2" lift kit, I have 1" to spare at present. I also can make the bottom of the door go up another inch by moving a bolt. I takes the door a little further around the curve on the railing.

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heck no....and simple. A good off road shop will have one installed in a couple of hours, i have personally done them myself.
All they will do is unbolt your cab and lift just enough to place the spacers in and rebolt with new longer bolts. Without getting carried away a 2inch body lift will require nothing else, all wiring and components will remain as is (The cool thing of drive by wire, unlike the older trucks with linkages). Plus being its just a cab lift your cost will be alot less then a full body lift.

Good call, body lifts are only a couple hundred and are super easy to install, I did one on my ranger and it only took about a day to do by myself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom