Level kits

AC550

Reaction score
i am wanting to put a level kit on my 14 ram 1500 sport i don't want to put on a full blown lift kit i m just looking at leveling out the front i have looked at daystar,pro-comp, bds,etc and i just heard about the bilstein 5100 series adjustable shocks and there supposed to range from 0"-2.75" and there supposed to be better than the strut extenders that the other companies put out and was wondering if anyone on here has heard of these or even used them and any other products i should look at.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
We've sold them, and they work okay... Also put the rancho 7000 series in and 9000 series adjustables. They also come in the 2" extended versions. But the front strut extensions work just fine. We use mostly truxxx kits, and never a problem with a levelling system......

AC550

Reaction score
i will look into those but all i am gonna be doing is just lifting the front up to match the rear so i can put my 305/55/20 tires on with out them hitting the mudflaps i just want the best bang for the buck but i also don't want some cheaply made product either where i will be replacing sometime down the road i am just wanting to give the truck that nice stance where its not to much done but its also not stock looking either i am also gonna be putting in the Firestone coil rite air bag system

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the exact set up you are looking to do AC550.

Most the puck style leveling kits are the same, beware that you will have to do some modifications to the firestone Airbag kit to make it fit with any "puck" style leveling kit as the puck takes up space that the airbag kit rubber spacer uses. This is only of course if you do the plates in the back as well as the 2.5" in the front to keep some rake.

I went with the Rough Country kit for my 2010, fits the 305s very nicely.

The modification you need to do to the airbag kit is very easy, just need to shave the inner diameter of the rubber puck so it sits inside the puck from the leveling kit.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running the bilatein adjustable aversion in my chevy 1500. I would recommend this to anyone. Backs are a little softer than the stickers, fronts were slightly stiffer. They are valvesd pretty good and has a good control for keeping tires on the road and maintaining traction. Things I noticed for my driving was on chatter board the truck doesn't wash out for gravel or asphalt.. Deep snow the truck rarely chatters when spinning. The coatings they use on the outside are not the greatest, mine are already showing good signs of wear for on 40000 on them.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much $ are these leveling kits, with the extended struts roughly,, installed?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much $ are these leveling kits, with the extended struts roughly,, installed?

The bilstiens on all 4 corners were 550 for the shocks. Mounting springs and doing the work I did my self. Most levelling kits that use blocks/spacers will set you back about $125.

Either system Should only take a couple hours and a couple of bolts to install.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The bilstiens on all 4 corners were 550 for the shocks. Mounting springs and doing the work I did my self. Most levelling kits that use blocks/spacers will set you back about $125.

Either system Should only take a couple hours and a couple of bolts to install.

Yeah I want to do the shocks. I could do the work myself, but you need to do an alignment at the same time, correct?

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I want to do the shocks. I could do the work myself, but you need to do an alignment at the same time, correct?

To to be honest, I never did. Should I, yes and I know better. At the end of the day the truck is not pulling or cutting tires. I only went 1.5 on my lift not the full 2.0. And right now I am running a 305/50r20 Genral grabber 2 tire.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Yup, a proper wheel alignment should be done according to levelling kit manufacturers specs, and a headlites alignment....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ric installed one for me 3ish odd years ago (Dirtymax 2500) and have had no issue with tire wear or front end parts. IMO a proper install is the key.

Ohhh.....thanks Ric.

Tapatalk....well I'm happy with you now....thanks for the fix.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ric installed one for me 3ish odd years ago (Dirtymax 2500) and have had no issue with tire wear or front end parts. IMO a proper install is the key.

Ohhh.....thanks Ric.

Tapatalk....well I'm happy with you now....thanks for the fix.
What did you end up going with? I'm looking at a little lift or leveling kit... Just want to stop having tire rub, a better ride on back roads and a little more clearance. Dmax 2500 as well

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Question for the experts. My F350 has stock 18" wheels and the stock tires. If I go to a 20" wheel will it raise the height by 1" or something different? Also, if I add a 2" levelling kit, how much more height will it add?

Looking at styling but the truck has to fit into the garage with a sled or two on the back. I need to know what increase I am looking at and I differ to the experts.......

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question for the experts. My F350 has stock 18" wheels and the stock tires. If I go to a 20" wheel will it raise the height by 1" or something different? Also, if I add a 2" levelling kit, how much more height will it add?

Looking at styling but the truck has to fit into the garage with a sled or two on the back. I need to know what increase I am looking at and I differ to the experts.......

I thought you were a math teacher? If you add 2" you will go up 2"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rim size has no height, just tire size

18 inch are way cheaper to buy than 20 inch in tires

A lot cheaper and better fuel economy and more power. I took the 20's off my half ton and bought 18" rims and tires for $150 more then just the 20" tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom