Led light bar

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Seems these new lights work very well.
Some Pri..s just stole the brand new set up my daughter just put on here new 2014 Dodge.
Police stated they are a hot new item which takes seconds to remove and sell cheap for quick cash.

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's why I put mine behind the grill

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 521

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That way they can wreck your grill while they steal your lights.
Why would you need two light bars ?
Ones not enough

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That way they can wreck your grill while they steal your lights.
Why would you need two light bars ?
Ones not enough

Sent from my iPhone using while working extremely hard

That will be some determined SOBs if they want to go through the hassle of trying to get that grill off to get to lights!!
Why 2? Why not? You can never have enough light!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That will be some determined SOBs if they want to go through the hassle of trying to get that grill off to get to lights!!
Why 2? Why not? You can never have enough light!

So what material is the grill cover made of and are those screws that hold it in place. I just bought a Rigid 20" M-series that I will be installing and your set-up looks great!

steve a

Reaction score
I got an 11 ram and the fog lights have separate switch but will come on with auto light when in on position and I'm pretty sure there legal to have on anytime. One thing I learn when first driving in the 80's at night don't look into the light !! They don't bother me. Off road lights on the other hand are for off road and if your worried about wild life slowdown ! Stop overdriving your visibility , what's it going take extra 15 min to get there. Better late than never and that's my nickel , penny's don't count any more lol

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So what material is the grill cover made of and are those screws that hold it in place. I just bought a Rigid 20" M-series that I will be installing and your set-up looks great!
Thanks FS! The grill is just a steal mesh powder coated black,it's held in by small brackets/screws on the inside.
The grill is made by Paramount.

Bigblack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to add to this thread. I ran a Rigid LED on my quad for 3 years....much under water, vibration, abuse. When I removed it, I tossed it on the the bumper of my truck (wired with a relay to the high-beams, plus a switch). It worked there for 2 more years. Well, it finally took on water and expired. So, since I am all wired up for it, I figure I'll put a China knockoff LED in there to save a few $$$. It lasted 4 miles this morning and bzzzzt. Points to ponder when purchasing LED light bars. My next one will be a Rigid again.....

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that makes some sense . I new there had to be some reason .
Thx

Don't know about the auto switch and the fog lights coming on, I'm curious if the idiot light that tells yah the fogs lights are on comes on in the above senerio. Might have to test that myself some night.

I can tell yah that the stock main headlights in a dodge absolutely suck!!! with the fog lights on its a major improvement, cause IMO the fog lights are better than the main headlights.
I put silver stars in my 2012 after my first night trip, adjusted the beam and the main headlights are a lot better.

I don't drive around with my fog lights on btw lol.
What puzzles me is the guys with 5g worth of led bars driving around town in the middle of the day with them on, the tint on there white Oakley's must be very deep. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Can you fix it when rocks break it ?

Ive taken some pretty massive rock impacts on light bars before and have never broken one.... I done really understand the question.... Can you fix on on your roof when a rock breaks it? lol.....

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just meant are the lenses replaceable or is the bar pooched when it breaks the lens?
I don't understand " fix on on " I have never had a rock break my roof. Lol

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I just meant are the lenses replaceable or is the bar pooched when it breaks the lens?
I don't understand " fix on on " I have never had a rock break my roof. Lol

If you have never had one on your roof break why would one break there?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
K, who wants to tell him? Lol.

A rock ISNT going to break a light bar... and if it does its probably going to take out your radiator too becuase its going to have to be massive and moving pretty fast... Stop buying cheap stuff.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow calm down everyone. I saw one the other day mounted on a dodge bumper and it was all spider cracked. It looked like a rock , so here I am asking about it. Untie your friggin panties. I don't have a light bar yet. That's why I was asking !!!!

Top Bottom