Led light bar

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mounted up top, you wouldn't be able to use them in a snow storm would you? Personally I would want them down low to the road. Either way the lens is going to get sandblasted, and down low you would be able to use them in inclement weather. I would like to get a bar for my truck, but my biggest worry is, when you have it lit up like its daytime, and another car is coming at you and you shut them off a mile or so before they get to you, you have zero night vision and can't see squat, especially in crappy weather. Just my .02

Sent from my iPad

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
50" holy cow that's gotta be bright! ( and expensive). I just put a 20" in my bumper and it looks like daytime when I flip the switch

Thegeneral

where did you pick yours up at? im looking at one as well mounted in the same location.

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question when and were are you guy going that requires that much lighting on the top of the trucks, I realize its a popular look for Baja trucks, but they are literally in the middle of nowhere when they are racing?

Most that want them, work in the bush. leave in the a.m in the dark and drive home at night in the dark. So much wildlife its crazy, I see dead moose and deer by the road daily.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where did you pick yours up at? im looking at one as well mounted in the same location.

It's a Cree. Got it on eBay for $121 including shipping. I figure I can replace it 3 or four times and still be money in compared to a Rigid
( time will tell )

I drive 900km on highway at night each week to and from work and this thing shows me all the little woodland creatures before they're in my headlights

Thegeneral

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drive 100000kms a year +\- and in the last 10 years have went with less and less extra lights as with all the traffic it is impossible to have them on.( if you give a **** about others anyway)
Any highway driving between 5:30 am and 10:00 pm hopeless with traffic.
Gravel roads or off road seems to be the same.
Have a 20 inch led bar and that is it. Don't hardly ever even use it due to traffic.
But hey 90% of the god dam dodge's have those frigging bright lower lights on for whatever reason?Even driving in the city. What is the reason?
Oh look at me I have extra lights???
I know other's do as well but it is these ones that are bright for oncoming traffic.
Rant done and my 2 cents

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does it work well mounted behind cab on the roof ie: on the headach rack? seems to far back. im all for lights but turn em off when cars are coming. to the dodge behind me today with both light bars on and his headlights off during daytime you just suck.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drive 100000kms a year +\- and in the last 10 years have went with less and less extra lights as with all the traffic it is impossible to have them on.( if you give a **** about others anyway)
Have a 20 inch led bar and that is it. Don't hardly ever even use it due to traffic.
But hey 90% of the god dam dodge's have those frigging bright lower lights on for whatever reason?Even driving in the city. What is the reason?
I know other's do as well but it is these ones that are bright for oncoming traffic.
Rant done and my 2 cents

Not sure why so many pepoe drive with there fog lights on with the ram trucks I just switched from a 2008 ford f350 and those headlights were almost useless. The ram 2012 Laramie lights are 10 times better than the ford lights haven't had a need for the fog lights yet

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just a thought....how many here with or without auxiliary lighting have struck a deer or moose? I've only got deer a few times with the pickup, but in the KW I've nailed a moose, bear, several deer and a horse. a moose and horse cause much the same damage....in case anyone was wondering. sure plays a big factor in the reasoning I feel more comfortable running stupid bright lighting. the key is to be considerate and responsible in using them, but as with anything, there's gonna be some d!cks out there.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a Cree. Got it on eBay for $121 including shipping. I figure I can replace it 3 or four times and still be money in compared to a Rigid
( time will tell )

I drive 900km on highway at night each week to and from work and this thing shows me all the little woodland creatures before they're in my headlights

Thegeneral

how did you mount it? make your own brackets to mount to the tow hooks?

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i understand people getting mad about bright lights, but common sense should prevail :rolleyes: i know not common anymore ) and dick heads should learn how to dim their lights. I use mine for farming, late repairs on equipment and of course highways that are NOT crowded.

I know personally i have issues with my eyes at night (glasses/contacts ) and i feel a lot more comfortable with aux lights on at the right times. I guess i'm the rare one who turns his fog lights off when oncoming traffic goes by ( and cranks them all on when people drive with their brights/fogs on )

lol how about them tuned dodge's with the high/fog mod. ;)

avenge95

Reaction score
On my Avalanche I have the 6 Hi mod. HID - Lows, Brights and Fogs all come on when I hit the High Beam switch. Very bright and I do not run with fog lights on any time other than with my High Beams. You might as well drive around with the Highs on all the time if your going to leave your fog lights on, they bother me just as much being the oncoming vehicle.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my Avalanche I have the 6 Hi mod. HID - Lows, Brights and Fogs all come on when I hit the High Beam switch. Very bright and I do not run with fog lights on any time other than with my High Beams. You might as well drive around with the Highs on all the time if your going to leave your fog lights on, they bother me just as much being the oncoming vehicle.

That's a nice set up.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rant done and my 2 cents
Well now that I own a dodge I know the reason why, at least on my truck, they come on automatically with the healights in the auto position, so unless you remember to turn them off every time your lights come on automatically, their on.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well now that I own a dodge I know the reason why, at least on my truck, they come on automatically with the healights in the auto position, so unless you remember to turn them off every time your lights come on automatically, their on.

Now that makes some sense . I new there had to be some reason .
Thx

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a 20 inch bar on my quad......I love night riding now......and I did a custom LED headlight set up on the kids quad.....when we go quadding at night, it is daylight! lol

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just used a piece of flat bar from canadian tire, drilled the holes and painted it black. To get the light inside the bumper, I had to remove one of the hooks and slid the light in from that side then reinstalled the hook.

I have also hit a couple of deer in my travels so I'm a fan of being able to see them. consideration for the others sharing the road is essential.

[QUOTE=ram4tow;

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
aje2ydyh.jpg

30" E-Series on a work rig. Me like it a lot. Makes my 20" SR look dim lol.

Top Bottom