Led light bar

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey im just wondering if there's anybody on here that's installed a rigid LED bar across the top of the windshield?
I'm thinking of buying a Rigid 50" LED and mounting one up there. But im scared that it would make
a huge howling noise? Any info would help! :d

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine mounted his up there, my question to him was about light scatter on his hood but he said it was fine because his truck is black. never thought about wind noise, and he did not mention that it was an issue.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have done a couple of the 50's mounted on the roof and seem to work well. Havent noticed much for wind noise with them but constantly being pulled over by DOT is kind of annoying!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we have done a couple of the 50's mounted on the roof and seem to work well. Havent noticed much for wind noise with them but constantly being pulled over by DOT is kind of annoying!
what reason do they give for stopping you? no covers?

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what reason do they give for stopping you? no covers?

That'd pretty much be the only reason they could is no covers??

I run a 50" on top of cab but at the back. Never been stopped

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pic to prove

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382999269982.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382999269982.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 770

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is nice and bright and nice and expensive as well. Lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1383002216505.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1383002216505.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 769

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are most of these led light bars even legal to begin with ? Are they marked dot or sae?
That being said I have been thinking one mounted inside the bumper on the ram would be nice

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are most of these led light bars even legal to begin with ? Are they marked dot or sae?
That being said I have been thinking one mounted inside the bumper on the ram would be nice
no, they are not DOT approved for highway use. seems no one in law enforcement cares

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is poor night vision a wold wide pandemic now that head lights aren't doing the job anymore?

Hey I've been thinking the same thing. But only more to is everybody going fn blind?
Here's a hint from someone that drives everyday for work, turn your dash lights and nav screens right down till they're just lite! You be amazed at what you can see with the stock head lights, especially the guys that pass you at night and you can see in the cab almost perfectly.
Sorry end rant.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I've been thinking the same thing. But only more to is everybody going fn blind?
Here's a hint from someone that drives everyday for work, turn your dash lights and nav screens right down till they're just lite! You be amazed at what you can see with the stock head lights, especially the guys that pass you at night and you can see in the cab almost perfectly.
Sorry end rant.

I've tried that but then u can hardly see the in dash movie......

mighty1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question when and were are you guy going that requires that much lighting on the top of the trucks, I realize its a popular look for Baja trucks, but they are literally in the middle of nowhere when they are racing?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 3 grand in lights on my truck. When I go to revy every weekend I leave lake isle at 11 pm thursday and drive all night. Rocky. Nordegg. Parkway. And the pass. There is little traffic at those hours so I can run the lights most of the time. If I hit a moose in the middle of the night and its 25 below. The truck is done. Maybe I'm hurt. Who knows. The way I see it is who wouldn't want to see. I also head home Sunday after sledding and its dark all the way back. I have had way to many close calls with moose over the years so big lights are a must. Of course they must be used responsibly and I don't run them if I see any vehicles.

Top Bottom