LED light bar kit.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Pro riders-

Gauging interested for an LED light bar kit. Kit will come with a bar, bracket, AC to DC rectifier, or if you have an electric start, harness, switch etc. Everything you need for an easy plug in play. Will turn with handlebars to provide light wherever you steer. Pricing will hopefully be around 200$

Any interest in this?

Thanks
Evan.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested. Are you going to include a resistor to keep the electrical load the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm interested. Are you going to include a resistor to keep the electrical load the same?

thanks for the post- does the Polaris require a resistor to keep the load the same? I know XM's don't need it. Originally I was not going to include one- but it's a good idea. I'd like a total plug and play solution. Idea was going to be, unplug one headlight and plug in the LED light kit.

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't have enough electrical draw on the system you can over heat and fry the R/R. if the draw is close to the same it shouldn't be an issue, however it's better safe than sorry.

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't have enough electrical draw on the system you can over heat and fry the R/R. if the draw is close to the same it shouldn't be an issue, however it's better safe than sorry.

Come on now , less draw and more heat . Throw a light or code yes . Over heat a part that don't work as hard . I have run a shop for 30 years and haven't saw that ufo yet

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Come on now , less draw and more heat . Throw a light or code yes . Over heat a part that don't work as hard . I have run a shop for 30 years and haven't saw that ufo yet

But a sled engine and voltage regulator are very sensitive to be loaded enough or can burn modules out ect

Cause it's ac voltage converted to DC voltage

Guess your not a sled shop

troy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess you haven't been here in the winter

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think it will be a super big issue as I plan to plug the kit into one of the headlights. For easy plug and play. Leaving one headlight on, and the LED draws about 1amp. By my Calculations- 100 watts at 12v = 8 amps leaving the electrical load of 5 amps with the light Installed

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question for you folks, would you rather have headlights fully operational and the LED light bar?

OR

Unplug 1 headlight, and use the high beam circuit to switch the led light bar on and off?

In both cases would not need a resistor as this is not a headlight delete kit. On my XM i plan on running No headlights, just the led light bar kit.

Last edited:

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep, just un plug one of the lights, to steal power for the LED light bar. So, one headlight. (on high beam) and LED light.

Diamondledinc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4" bar. (flood with a hot spot in the centre)
bracket powder coated
full wave bridge rectifier
harness if you have a battery with switch and relay.

Top Bottom