Led headlight bulbs

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone using the 20000 lumen led headlight bulbs? If so what brand are you using?

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some of the dolts with Amazon leds in reflector housings I swear are 20000. Lol.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On a more constructive note, do some homework there are vids on light pattern comparisons between bulbs, some have a good pattern some are garbage, general take away from what I’ve seen you get what you pay for more expensive bulbs tend to have decent patterns.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have perfom led high and low beams. Im very impressed with them.

6bfe5748e369de6ec2a4f234cf916f3e.jpg

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And no matter what bulbs you use, you need to properly re-aim the headlights after install!!

gunner3006

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only thing that I’ve heard that was negative was the snow and ice don’t melt as easy off them. With the lack of heat they put out.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, and the upgraded bulbs get the blame. I run all kind of aftermarket bulbs (including 55w hid projectors) in my vehicles and no issues with them properly aimed.

Jorg Jorgenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have perfom led high and low beams. Im very impressed with them.

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200105/6bfe5748e369de6ec2a4f234cf916f3e.jpg

My brother has recently had a not so great experience with Perform LED. Bought sets of fogs and lows from them in October 2018. Last weekend one of his fog lights went. Contacted Perform said he had less than 10000kms on the lights as he only drives his truck in the winter (parks it from June - October) and doesn’t even run fog lights unless on sled trips/highway. Said he’s SOL and has to buy a new pair.

I know that it’s hard to argue since warranty is technically over but thought that a reputable outfit like that would of been a little more open to working with him. You pay enough for them so thought the customer service would be better.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I cant even drive on the highway at night any more LED's are a menace to society

Loaded trucks with every ****ing light they can turn on set for a unloaded truck .
Could live with just headlights but have to have the have the bumper lights on as well that aren’t designed for led or HID lights on as well .
Dodged are always on but I guess they don’t default to just headlights when truck is turned off like others .

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Loaded trucks with every ****ing light they can turn on set for a unloaded truck .
Could live with just headlights but have to have the have the bumper lights on as well that aren’t designed for led or HID lights on as well .
Dodged are always on but I guess they don’t default to just headlights when truck is turned off like others .

You can turn the bumper lights off on a Dodge. Nobody bothers with that though...

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can turn the bumper lights off on a Dodge. Nobody bothers with that though...

Yes but once they are turned on they don’t shut off every time you shut the truck off .
The others do that and have to be turned back on every time you restart the unit .

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

In my 2012, the bumper lights are actually better than the low beams, I dont blame the guys for using them with the original headlights! No excuse for upgraded lights!
The factory headlights are horrible on a ram, the projector headlights are better, my 2017 service truck had them.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother has recently had a not so great experience with Perform LED. Bought sets of fogs and lows from them in October 2018. Last weekend one of his fog lights went. Contacted Perform said he had less than 10000kms on the lights as he only drives his truck in the winter (parks it from June - October) and doesn’t even run fog lights unless on sled trips/highway. Said he’s SOL and has to buy a new pair.

I know that it’s hard to argue since warranty is technically over but thought that a reputable outfit like that would of been a little more open to working with him. You pay enough for them so thought the customer service would be better.

Yah that sucks but it was out of warranty.
For the cost of the kit, 149 bucks getting another set would give you a spare. The local shop here in town sells plutco and they are 400 a set!

Kyle89

Reaction score
I'm happy with the $90 leds I bought off amazon for my 2008 duramax. I always hated the factory headlights as I felt the halogens never put enough light on the road.

Re aimed it lower. I try and stay back a bit from the vehicle in front of me at red lights as it is bright and lights up their whole cab lol

Top Bottom