Leaving DOO and getting PC M8 need input

stusnow

Reaction score
Long story short I'm sick of replacing skidoo 800 motors and am really interested in the 2013 M8 153"
I rode the XM a few times last spring and it didn't blow me away. the E-tech motor had issues in '11 ad it might be better now but the cat 800 seems to be super dependable even with a turbo

anybody else on here jump ship from XP sled? is there noticable riding style difference

is the proclimb steering post different than the older M8 chassis...i wasn't a fan of how the older M8's handled or vertical post

does cat have extrovert drivers? whats the anti stab kit all about?

any other thoughts lets hear them

thanks

thekrust

Reaction score
The Cat is a differnt riding style, it much easier to carve meaning it requires a lot less body english. If you watch a Doo rider jump on a Cat they have it on it's side in about 10' because it doesn't take as much effort. Vertical steering post is a MUST the other one sucks. Anti-stab kit is because if you run the track really loose like we like to (it does have extroverts) it is possible to poke the rail tip throught the window of that 3" pitch track. The anti-stab kit makes that impossible and costs only about $100. Cheap insurance considering a track stab will cost upwards of $2000
Been riding Cats for several years now (I too switched from Doo because of blown engines) and I haven't grenaded a Suzuki engine yet.

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Cat is a differnt riding style, it much easier to carve meaning it requires a lot less body english. If you watch a Doo rider jump on a Cat they have it on it's side in about 10' because it doesn't take as much effort. Vertical steering post is a MUST the other one sucks. Anti-stab kit is because if you run the track really loose like we like to (it does have extroverts) it is possible to poke the rail tip throught the window of that 3" pitch track. The anti-stab kit makes that impossible and costs only about $100. Cheap insurance considering a track stab will cost upwards of $2000
Been riding Cats for several years now (I too switched from Doo because of blown engines) and I haven't grenaded a Suzuki engine yet.
Boo tell the truth your afraid of heights oooopps Suzuki does build a good motor ,but the E-tec is just as good .

stusnow

Reaction score

Coming from a doo XP How does the cat compare for downhill turns and tree riding?

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from an 05 rev to an 09 M8 just because some one stole my rev and i fell in love with cat. I just bought a 2012 pc 800 162 and love the handling so far. I really liked the doo's but could not get used to the xp chassis although the 11 and 12's with the narrow ski stance is really nice. I think you will be blown away by how easy the cats are to throw around.

saltywalt

Reaction score
Cat doesn't have anything good. It's all 90's technology comparable ZX chassis

stusnow

Reaction score
shocked in a good way im hoping....i'm trying to line up a demo for next week, but thats only for my spying and recon mission haha ya right

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
shocked in a good way im hoping....i'm trying to line up a demo for next week, but thats only for my spying and recon mission haha ya right
Cool it will be intresting to hear your report

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be comparing these 2 hopefully next weekend. Both are bone stock and both are running 174"x3".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 301

M8BRUINS

Reaction score
As some of you already know from earlier threads, I just recently converted my 13 M8 over to a 174X3 track. Last weekend I helped buddy convert his 13 XM over to a 174X3 track. I can pretty much tell you all first hand the differences in quality and design between the CAT and DOO. Then when we were done, we test rode BOTH sleds out in a field. We drag raced three times and both of these sleds were even steven start to finish. Absolutely no differences. But after that, it's my opinion that is where it stops. PERIOD. ATTENTION ALL CAT OWNS - Be proud of your CAT!!!!

Dec3 011.jpg Dec3 014.jpg Dec3 013.jpg Dec3 016.jpg Dec3 020.jpg Dec3 021.jpg Dec3 022.jpg

Top Bottom