Leaf shredder

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dose anyone have one of these? Thinking of getting one but I'm not sold on the "how great they are sales pitch"
Half the crap sold nowadays doesn't have what I'm looking for.
Are they any good? I'm looking for the Tim Taylor binford type of one.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a Stihl few years ago. Works well for leaves but I have so many pine cones that they get sucked up and caught in the blades. Have to shut down and take the intake tube off, remove debris and reinstall. PITA when it happens but works well to pick up leaves and works awesome as a blower too.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Stihl. works very well. reduces the leaves to a mulch and takes up less space in a garbage bag.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do these machines take care of potatoe stalks and other garden stuff or will it just wrap around everything unless its bone dry?

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of a general question. Are you looking for a leaf blower with a vac function and bag, a stationary leaf/brush shredder or a 4 bushel tow behind for your lawn tractor?

I have an acreage so just mulch the leaves on my lawn in fall. I have a Husquvarna 125 BVX with a vacuum kit and it works well for cleaning out window wells, eavestrough and such. I would probably buy one of the cordless 80 amp blower/vac combos if I were buying one now.

If I was looking to clean my acreage lawn, I would get something like https://www.cyclonerake.com/features.htm

Dose anyone have one of these? Thinking of getting one but I'm not sold on the "how great they are sales pitch"
Half the crap sold nowadays doesn't have what I'm looking for.
Are they any good? I'm looking for the Tim Taylor binford type of one.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kind of a general question. Are you looking for a leaf blower with a vac function and bag, a stationary leaf/brush shredder or a 4 bushel tow behind for your lawn tractor?

I have an acreage so just mulch the leaves on my lawn in fall. I have a Husquvarna 125 BVX with a vacuum kit and it works well for cleaning out window wells, eavestrough and such. I would probably buy one of the cordless 80 amp blower/vac combos if I were buying one now.

If I was looking to clean my acreage lawn, I would get something like https://www.cyclonerake.com/features.htm[/QUOTE

Love the cyclon but might be more then I need for my tiny yard��. I have three leave dumping trees in my yard and it filled my 9by 8.5 Flatdeck with sides three times over. Want to mulch it down but am sceptical of these home owner specials. I want some leaf eating power. Just looking at husky and Stihl brands wishing they were bigger....but maybe I'll be surprised, perhaps a demo from the local shop will put it to rest.
thanks for the info.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 14 Swedish Aspens in my back yard that are 30 to 35 feet tall. They make a pile of leaves and the Husqvarna mulches them down to around 8 large garbage bags. It works great.

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure of the brand, but the kind they used on the movie "Fargo" seemed to work pretty good.

Top Bottom