Laying m1000 over

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good day. Anybody have any advice on softening up the suspension on a 2008 M1000. I do not want the sled to sit lower. I weigh about 185lbs with my gear on but am finding it difficult to lay the sled over, especially in off camber powder. The front springs seem too stiff. I am installing the 2 wheel kit and 3" riser next week. Are there softer rate front springs or some other way of helping with the weight transfer. Thanks.

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't know how much experiance you have, but turn ski's to right, throw ass check to the left and go left and vise versa. Doesn't get any easier then that. You just have to get your mind past it then it becomes second nature. :d

Demon13

Reaction score
The riser helps not sure about two wheel kit still running all wheels. Just make sure you lean hard one way and turn your ski's the opposite way your going and give it some gas or alot of gas your choice but alot is better. Away you go burnin donuts.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can adjust the springs on the front shocks to soften them up. The tools are in the tool kit to adjust the springs

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Great link to a artical in understanding the physics behind counter steering:

Awesome.... Now I know what I'm doing wrong, I am that guy lying on my back at the end of the field, I've managed to get better but I'm still doing it wrong....now I need the afternoon off to go practice..

Bogger:beer:

rigrat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. When in powder on level ground, i do ok. The problems is when i am going downhill in powder and want to turn and go up hill, i have a problem getting sled to lean up into the hill. Sidehilling is also a problem. I was riding with some heavier riders in the rolling hills (fernie) and could sure see the difference when they would step to one side of the sled and change direction, especially when starting from a stop facing downhill and going uphill.. This is why i was inquiring about softer springs or other mods. I will probably try to lighten the sled up some and i picked up my 2 wheel kit and telescoping steering shaft today. Thanks again.:beer:

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. When in powder on level ground, i do ok. The problems is when i am going downhill in powder and want to turn and go up hill, i have a problem getting sled to lean up into the hill. Sidehilling is also a problem. I was riding with some heavier riders in the rolling hills (fernie) and could sure see the difference when they would step to one side of the sled and change direction, especially when starting from a stop facing downhill and going uphill.. This is why i was inquiring about softer springs or other mods. I will probably try to lighten the sled up some and i picked up my 2 wheel kit and telescoping steering shaft today. Thanks again.:beer:

weight doesnt matter my friend, i weigh 160 and do it all day long. Just what one of the previous posts said u gotta get ur head around it and commit to leaning and grabbin throttle at the right time. trial and error.:beer:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If that dont work,Eat Lots,Become a Moderator and join Team Slim!
catmando!
Google Powder Riding 101!

Top Bottom