Lawnmower oil chg every 5yrs?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 30 year old two stroke that's jetted perfect and just won't die. Original spark plug.

Read that some of the new ones don't have drain plugs. 'Lifetime oil'

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a 30 year old two stroke that's jetted perfect and just won't die. Original spark plug.

Ditto. I changed the spark plug last year just out of guilt.

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

have a newer Honda mower with no drain plug just roll it on its side to drain out the fill spot And dump in fresh seriously maybe a 2 minute job so I do it every year or two. Usually line up all the small engines and change pressure washer, snowblower 4 stroke trimmer kids 120 sled and 50 quad. If I’m in the mess it makes it feel like it was worth the effort to get a bunch of small engines done.

RJP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Craftsman push mower, use 5 times a year, change oil every 3ish years, still clean looking oil. Ish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 1986 Honda mower has had 1 oil change in its life and 2 air filters couple of starter ropes . The deck was so rusted the handle fell off and grass flys out lol. Welded it up that was about 15 yrs ago . It still runs but its rough. Have bought a new one couple years back but i still like running the old one . My dad bought it new when i was 10yrs old and been cutting the same lawn ever since. My boys use it now its just old junk to them . They like the new one with more power and self propelled. Its kinda fun to run the old one tho takes me back in time i guess. Well its almost time to see if it will start this yr. Happy Easter

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked the oil level on the tecumseh couple years ago for the first time...believe it was 12-13 years old. Was still full. I'll check again in another 15 years

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Troy-Built that's around 13 years old on the original oil, and a John Deere that I've had for 3 years now. I really like the Deere, so she's getting a service this year, but the Troy Built goes when it goes.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Apparently you don't even need to warm them up anymore. The Troy-Built you hold the bar, pull the rope and bam, full throttle.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have a Ariens ridiing mower about 8 years old??? Did 1 oil change to keep warranty and now change oil filters whenever I remember. Batteries are a different story, as I never pull them until it's too late....
Honda Pressure washer, easily 20 years old, never an oil change, sprk plug or air filter. Run it out of gas every fall (no green death in carb) and blow out pump.

My wife wanted a push mower to do the yard for "exercise" and I knew how this was going to go for "exercise". So I bought a 250 dollar special from HD, 3 easy pulls and full throttle it is. I sodded our yard last spring and used the push, it's actually a half decent cheaply built mower for "exercise". :D

Beer Slayer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bought a B&D 6.5hp new 12/13 years ago, sharpened the blade twice, zero oil changes....it's a mosquito killer now. Hafta cut up wind.

Top Bottom