lawn tractors/ riding mower buying advice.....?

linksys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10 acres in less than 2 hours????.......must be a 72" cutting deck or larger!!

Got my JD 930A on order....72" 7-iron pro cutting deck....cut grass at 12 mph....rated at 5.4 acres/hr......

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
eclipse has given the bestadvice yet get the best mower you can, looks like ya got 3 cheap pieces of crap so far and could have put that same money into a better mower, saved all kinds of time and had more time for fun things.

i have a kubota zd 21, lots of money, gets the job done, fast and efficient. you get what ya pay for. mows at 9mph, ya better hold on. cause you'll never drink yer beer, before your done.

Last edited:

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went to a place that sells Toro mowers to golf courses and bought a used 72" diesel. Great price and it will last forever just doing my acreage.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out a scag. Zero turn, midmount deck, does a superior job of cutting. Plus you rarely have to clean the deck out because the way its designed. You can haul ass on this machine and the job it does is just as good as a competitors going slower. Also it will.spread the clipping evenly over 2 passes, dont know of any other mower that does that. Dont get me wrong, its higher priced, but worth it in my book.

Last edited:

Snohog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have 4 farm yards to cut, we do them all with a JD 425 all wheel steer, with 60" deck we can cut as fast as that Deere can drive

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the JD EZTrack, Love it, went from an old pail of &^%$ tractor mower that took me 4 hours to mow to 46 minutes with the EZ, OF COURSE, that is pinned and not doing the tidiest job with the trimming and stuff ( Just wanted to see how fast I could gitter done :) ). It usually takes me about an hour to do it properly. As has been mentioned before, you definitely get what you pay for.
:beer:

allseason

Reaction score
6 acres and a 17 hp poulan pro had it since 2003 not a problem with it, just oil changes and new blades lol takes a little longer with42 inch deck but it's been a great little tractor

Ken6712

Reaction score
Country Clipper makes zero turns with a joystick so you still have a free hand. They are a heavy duty mower with large spindles and a flip up deck. Not sure who is the closest dealer to Peace river but Van Braban sevices in Riveare Qu Bar and Escape in RedDeer sell them.

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 50" Jazee Pro with the joystick. It cuts at 7mph and works great. With the joystick you can run the whole thing with one hand its an awesome mower. Got it from Lawnmower Hospital in Edmonton they are great to deal with

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the JD EZTrack, Love it, went from an old pail of &^%$ tractor mower that took me 4 hours to mow to 46 minutes with the EZ, OF COURSE, that is pinned and not doing the tidiest job with the trimming and stuff ( Just wanted to see how fast I could gitter done :) ). It usually takes me about an hour to do it properly. As has been mentioned before, you definitely get what you pay for.
:beer:

They are a tiring unit though aren't they Woody? I have pulled 4-5 G's mowing around trees with the Deere EZ Trak. That just wears down a guy after an hour. HeeHeeHee.

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha! Too funny. My in laws are on same yard as us, and my father in law is a real tree hoarder, we have more friggin trees in our yard to dodge around than I like. This was my main reason for this mower. The old duffer likes to plant trees ( he's like a ninja tree planter) and then he doesn't tell a guy when he does it or where he plants them. I don't know how many times I've mowed over his saplings, or rototilled them under, gets him a little revved up :eek: :beer:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha! Too funny. My in laws are on same yard as us, and my father in law is a real tree hoarder, we have more friggin trees in our yard to dodge around than I like. This was my main reason for this mower. The old duffer likes to plant trees ( he's like a ninja tree planter) and then he doesn't tell a guy when he does it or where he plants them. I don't know how many times I've mowed over his saplings, or rototilled them under, gets him a little revved up :eek: :beer:

HaHa I find if I try and cut around the saplings to tight I will run over them with the inside drive wheel. That usually gets me called on the carpet with the wife. Lol.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HaHa I find if I try and cut around the saplings to tight I will run over them with the inside drive wheel. That usually gets me called on the carpet with the wife. Lol.

Hmmm, I usually like getting called on the carpet with the wife :)

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what ever you decide on keep in mind that you will want a model that can accept a mulching blade.

Top Bottom