Large Avalanche in McBride - Renshaw Jan 29 - 17 involved - 5 Passed RIP

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A sad day indeed , wish strength to the survivors and affected families :(
Not that it really matter right now , but was this tragedy near the Saddle, Blackwater , Steps or closer to Spirit ?

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My condolences to the friends and families of the victims.

Something has horribly gone wrong. we can all learn from what happened here..hopefully.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride on in peace our friends. May you all find endless deep untouched powder, and bluebird sky on the other side. Condolences to the families and friends of the fallen riders.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very sad news of today tragedy, RIP my friends. Condolence to the families and very special thanks to the SARs team and all those involved.

Please people, do your research before heading out and make wise decisions out there, there is never 100% guarantee and the back country can be brutal. Be safe.

machinehead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that it really matter right now , but was this tragedy near the Saddle, Blackwater , Steps or closer to Spirit ?

Revgirl

Reaction score
RIP Fellow sledders and snow and mudders. Thoughts and prayers to all the survivors, families, & friends.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca

On the way back to spirit, right after the 10ft drop and then down to the right and around to the left and back up... Can be a real chit show trying to get back up... Never thought that would drop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Large Avalanche in McBride - Renshaw Jan 29 - 5 involved

My prayers and condolences to all involved,

I spent the morning talking with friends on SAR that helped with this. I was supposed to meet with them and ride. Very sad and tragic.

R.I.P. Fellow riders

Last edited:

bingo1010

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bad times for us all, my stomach is turning with just the thought of this, bringing tears to my eyes. Hopefully all involved in any way can overcome this and be a stronger person in the end. I like to think of myself as an informed rider but this drives the point right through my heart. Makes me wonder if I am being selfish exposing myself to this kind of stuff while my family is at home waiting for my return. Definetly brings out emotions. For those that know people involved I can only say I am sorry and am here in any way that you may need

thunder44

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am so heart broken for all involved. Tomorrow we bury a fellow sledder who passed in an avalanche in Prince George last weekend. I don't know that I personally know any that are involved in this Avalanche but we have lost 5 of our own . This is tragic news to our whole sledding community. Condolences and prayers for all involved. Thank you to SARS for all you do for all our sledding community . RIP fellow sledders

cowgurl111

Reaction score
My condolences to family and friends very sad day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom