Ladies Clinic Canada???

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
;)

Hey Bunny... don't be shy! I took three strangers with me to the ride last year and met up with a whole bunch of strangers when I got there. I never knew a soul and it was a total blast. As for the hubby thing- Talk him into it. I think almost all of our hubbies are a little shy and anti-social and had to step waaaaay out of their comfort zone when meeting the new peeps.

I know my husband and I are both not great with crowds. When we go to these things we socialize with the crew, but we spend our own time together away from the crowd so it doesn't get overwhelming. Just think- 90% of the time your guy will have his helmet on and his throttle down-- he won't even have to talk to us then :p

Tell him that if he wants you to ride lots and enjoy the mountains, then this will go a long way to getting you comfortable. Then you guys will be able to have more enjoyable trips and more of them ;)

As for work-- its called "vacation". Take the Friday off to ride. Drive out or hitch a ride on Thursday night and then go home Sunday. (Monday if you can get the day off and the snow is good!!) It will be totally worth it. I also do shift work in a hospital and I promise you, one thing I've learned is that they will still be there when you get back :cool:

Thank you SledMamma for your advice. Hopefully my fiance will come around on the whole idea. As shy as he can be, he loves to ride and I'm sure he would like to come and ride, it's going out of his comfort zone with people he doesn't know he doesn't like. We will see, there is a lot of time left and I think I know of a way to convince him. This will be a great opportunity for me to learn from a woman's perspective and also have some fun.

I do have the opportunity of taking vacation however I have to pick a four weeks of vacation in april for the upcoming year. So this past april I did not know about the ladies ride this march so I was not able to book vacation. How the hell is someone supposed to know what they are going to be doing for a whole year in advance, I hate that. Plus, even if I did book it, I would be in competition with those more "senior" than me and they would get their pick before me if it came down to it. I hate having no or little seniority because I am soo new at my job. Oh well, one day I will get there.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
think i might just lv my helmet on the whole time then lol that way no one knows who does the stupid things :p and i dont mean stupid impressive ;)

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL...I think white6 might be the source of some good footy mamma! ;) hahahaha. JK

Stupid moves are the best moves!!! Lots of peeps already do 'impressive'...that's boring. LOL.

Maybe we should get big, bright name tags for our helmets...so we know who's doing what...er, I mean, who's who. ;) Better yet, bit orange bicycle flags with our forum names on them bwahahahhahaha. (you think I'm joking....???)

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha i might be if my mountain riding skills don't improve by march.. im hoping to get some seat time and correct that now lol need to practice and try try try

touche thou.. impressive is all we see.. funny would be a good change! bring reality to viewers not everyone can be a super sledder

if its nice out i got a cat pullover with white and a number on the back of it already! lol it was my bros from when he sno-crossed.. dealer gave it to him

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL...I think white6 might be the source of some good footy mamma! ;) hahahaha. JK

Stupid moves are the best moves!!! Lots of peeps already do 'impressive'...that's boring. LOL.

Maybe we should get big, bright name tags for our helmets...so we know who's doing what...er, I mean, who's who. ;) Better yet, bit orange bicycle flags with our forum names on them bwahahahhahaha. (you think I'm joking....???)

No Tam.....I do not think that you are joking! :eek: :nono: :p

sweetsecret73

Reaction score
There's some talk of a Friday ride for some 'get to know you time' and casual learning to break the new mountain riders in ahead of the ride :) Who can make a Friday ride for this ??

Minor stuff...some carving, sidehilling...nothing major...but some good tips that we can all practice the rest of the ride while we're together :d

Sledmamma's offer to organize just may be taken up for this ;) Gonna have to make it a smaller group...and perhaps just our Snow and Mud friends??

Share your interest and ability to be there on this thread and we'll take it from there (or mamma will LOL) :cool:

And obviously you need to be ok with pics and vid being taken of you :) With mamma and myself there, you know there will be cameras of all kinds going in hopes of a great little Revy Ladies Ride promo vid. :p

I am fairly new to sledding. Would love to get some tips on riding from other woman. I have been to Valemount a couple times but never to Revy. Are you still getting together on the Friday before the ladies ride? I am trying to hitch a ride that weekend as I don't want to drive alone. Anyone coming through Edson?

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmm, not sure if this would work but it's worth a shout out to him. I know Dan has worked really hard to get all his permits in place and he puts on a VERY complete clinic (gives avy instruction as well!) Dan can take your riding level, whatever it is, and take you to the next level! He's comfortable working with anyone from first time rider on up and is a SUPER nice patient guy! I know he does clinics out of anywhere so we could always schedule one out of the priest lake area?? or Sandpoint?? and just have you guys travel across the border??

sweetsecret73

Reaction score
Thank you for your helpful advice Tam. Hopefully my man will come around on the idea, and if not then I will just have to hitch a ride with someone then. Everyone seems nice enough on here, I think I could calm my shyness down and put myself out there, meet new people make new friends. That is all depending on what I work or don't work that weekend. It would be a great experience to learn a little something from a ladies perspective.

Hey Snow Bunny! Looks like we are in the same boat. Except right now I don't have a man to worry about :) This is my first ladies ride. I am excited to jump out of my comfort zone and meet some new friends! I am still looking for someone to bunk with if you decide to go.

Top Bottom