Ladies Clinic Canada???

b_doornenbal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to see if anyone is doing this in Canada? Valemount/Mcbride would be best but Revy can be done as well.

The girlfirend just picked up a sled (M7) and before this year has only been to the mountains for 3 days (all in Revy). She did really well but as all you ladies know you ride much differently than guys do and as a result it may be easier for another lady to teach her some tips and tricks.

I hope to spend about 6-8 days with her to try and teach her more of the basics and then send her off with someone else.

If no clinic any female guides around that would go out for a days ride??

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a Ladies Ride in Revy-- Beginning weekend in March. The ride groups people according to ability and then they have a guide on Boulder Mtn. If anything, its a good way to get out with other ladies and not feel intimidated. Lots of laughs and fantastic food on the hill :)

We've kicked around the idea of a Ladies Clinic. I heard Amber Holt does them. If there was enough interest from other girls, I would be happy to organize something...

So this is your chance Ladies!! Speak up and let us know your thoughts

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think its a fantastic idea! any way to get out riding and learn something would be great.. i really need to practice and sometimes i think it would be easier when with other girls instead of w a pack of guys that all make it look easy!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's some talk of a Friday ride for some 'get to know you time' and casual learning to break the new mountain riders in ahead of the ride :) Who can make a Friday ride for this ??

Minor stuff...some carving, sidehilling...nothing major...but some good tips that we can all practice the rest of the ride while we're together :d

Sledmamma's offer to organize just may be taken up for this ;) Gonna have to make it a smaller group...and perhaps just our Snow and Mud friends??

Share your interest and ability to be there on this thread and we'll take it from there (or mamma will LOL) :cool:

And obviously you need to be ok with pics and vid being taken of you :) With mamma and myself there, you know there will be cameras of all kinds going in hopes of a great little Revy Ladies Ride promo vid. :p

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There's some talk of a Friday ride for some 'get to know you time' and casual learning to break the new mountain riders in ahead of the ride :) Who can make a Friday ride for this ??

Minor stuff...some carving, sidehilling...nothing major...but some good tips that we can all practice the rest of the ride while we're together :d

Sledmamma's offer to organize just may be taken up for this ;) Gonna have to make it a smaller group...and perhaps just our Snow and Mud friends??

Share your interest and ability to be there on this thread and we'll take it from there (or mamma will LOL) :cool:

And obviously you need to be ok with pics and vid being taken of you :) With mamma and myself there, you know there will be cameras of all kinds going in hopes of a great little Revy Ladies Ride promo vid. :p

I think this is a great idea-- make it a little less formal training, keep costs down and share what we know. There are some fantastic mentors on "team orphaned husband" that we could use as facilitators. Split into smaller groups of two peeps and one teacher and then work on the basic skills... Photography and video would of course be hilarious and mandatory :)

Would love to see this happen :) Willing to help any way I can...

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We may be able to get the support of some members of TOH for sure! I know I learnt lots from the guys I rode with and they are super supportive of the ladies and how we ride! Not all are, but we sure do have some in our TOH squad! LOL

IF we can pull this off with just the girls with some dude back up maybe so we aren't beat to crap by the actual ride (not saying that we'll be dealing with alot of stucks or anything girls :rolleyes:)

Learning and watching from another woman is priceless...when you see someone the same size, with the same length of time riding, maybe even on the same sled...it helps your confidence so much to know that you CAN do it, it's just a matter of making it happen. When you see a guy do it, there's that little PIA voice that says 'but they're bigger than you, they're stonger, they have a bigger sled...yadda yadda yadda...with the girls, there are no more excuses...put up or shut up.
I've been shut up more times than I care to be bwahahahahahahaha. :cool:

BUT no matter what, nothing can beat the help of a big strong man on your 15th digout of the day.:eek: So if we have any dude support, we'll take it. If they want to ditch us for the day, then we'll fend for ourselves. :beer:

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if your talkin the friday before the ladies ride im off 7 days wed b4 the weekend to the tues after lol so id be up for comin out to ride. im hopin my man is gonna come out with me, but not sure yet if hes on days off or in trade school lol if he dont then ill come ride for as many days as someone is willing to go with me for :)

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you come to sicamous or revy just ring! I was on team OH but now im freelancing lol.....I can ride easy or hard.....it dont bother me! im also good with my shovel lol! (and saw as you woman know lol)

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
I just bought my very first sled this year and am willing to learn how to ride. I would love to come to the revy ladies ride as well but the problem is I cannot get myself down there without my man, and my man is not very good at meeting new people, kinda shy. I think this would be a great opportunity for me to learn, however, I'm not well known on the site, or not very active (talkative) with all the honey's on here to feel brave enough to accept a ride from someone I don't know all that well. Plus I work in health care full time with no set schedule and shift work so it can be hard to plan for a weekend away to the mountains at such an early time. Ahhhhhh I don't know what to do? Help?????

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Relax Snow Bunny...it's all good LOL :D

Lots of people are in the same boat...you'll see. My hubby is very happy when left in his comfort zone of friends too, but he has found some good peeps that have become great friends and riding partners that he's met through different functions we've attended this last year. He met some great guys at the Ladies Ride and had a blast...been to a Suds Night (although he still drinks the umbrella drinks ;)) snow shows, multiple shoots for Sledbetties...you name it, he's doin' it now! LOL. One thing he says is that he can't believe how many good peeps he's met, how many solid friendships and riding partners we've found and he's looking forward to heading out again today for another snow show and seeing some new friends. :) This time last year...no way in he!! I'd be saying this!

One thing for sure, if you can get the time off...get to Revy, with or without your man...with is great, it's not 'anti-man' by any means! Even with short notice I bet we can find you a ride that will keep you safe and comfortable if he can't or won't come. If your man comes, he will have a few great guys to hook up with (this can be lined up ahead of time) and guaranteed he'll have a great time! Even more...YOU'LL have a great time!!!! :d

The guys like to keep it small and to themselves...and the farther from us the better LOL. I can tell by what you say that your guy would probably be comfortable with a few of our hubbys...if he was loud, obnoxious and too sociable...he wouldn't fit in bwahahahahaah. And he can be as shy as he likes with his helmet on ;)

Keep it in mind, there's lots of time yet. But if you can make it happen, pretty sure neither of you would regret it. :wtg:

Last edited:

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
;)
I just bought my very first sled this year and am willing to learn how to ride. I would love to come to the revy ladies ride as well but the problem is I cannot get myself down there without my man, and my man is not very good at meeting new people, kinda shy. I think this would be a great opportunity for me to learn, however, I'm not well known on the site, or not very active (talkative) with all the honey's on here to feel brave enough to accept a ride from someone I don't know all that well. Plus I work in health care full time with no set schedule and shift work so it can be hard to plan for a weekend away to the mountains at such an early time. Ahhhhhh I don't know what to do? Help?????

Hey Bunny... don't be shy! I took three strangers with me to the ride last year and met up with a whole bunch of strangers when I got there. I never knew a soul and it was a total blast. As for the hubby thing- Talk him into it. I think almost all of our hubbies are a little shy and anti-social and had to step waaaaay out of their comfort zone when meeting the new peeps.

I know my husband and I are both not great with crowds. When we go to these things we socialize with the crew, but we spend our own time together away from the crowd so it doesn't get overwhelming. Just think- 90% of the time your guy will have his helmet on and his throttle down-- he won't even have to talk to us then :p

Tell him that if he wants you to ride lots and enjoy the mountains, then this will go a long way to getting you comfortable. Then you guys will be able to have more enjoyable trips and more of them ;)

As for work-- its called "vacation". Take the Friday off to ride. Drive out or hitch a ride on Thursday night and then go home Sunday. (Monday if you can get the day off and the snow is good!!) It will be totally worth it. I also do shift work in a hospital and I promise you, one thing I've learned is that they will still be there when you get back :cool:

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Tam,

Amy here. :d

I'm in for the clinic. I think there might be an issue with American peeps coming up and working in Canada... I know this is becoming a real no-no.

I noticed that Amber doesn't have anything scheduled in Canada...

A few ladies have been asking me about riding clinics in the Kootenays as well, but it's not something I would take on solo.

Sledmamma had the same Idea as I did about breaking off into buddies... I think that would work well.

I'd also like to add some basic avy awareness, and a few common sense things, like what to carry in your pack... The right tools are so important! I've gone through a lot of gear, and trial and error... I think I can offer some good tips on what works in the backcountry as far as equipment goes and how to use it.

There are a lot of things that we have to do differently than men when it comes to riding... We're not as strong and tall... But we are light and flexible, and I think we make up for what we lack in other ways... We just need to learn how to ride for our bodies!

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh BTW, Justin took me to Revy for the first time last year for my birthday and I saw the big weiner... You must have been up there on the same day... Weird!!!!

skinnybitch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were all there on the same day!?!?!?! :shrug: Looks like we'll all be up there on the same day again!!! ;)

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh BTW, Justin took me to Revy for the first time last year for my birthday and I saw the big weiner... You must have been up there on the same day... Weird!!!!

What!!! You saw the big weiner...TMI, TMI :eek:

A compliment to Justin though! LOL

That was LR weekend, totally funny you were there too. :)

Snow Bunny

Reaction score
Relax Snow Bunny...it's all good LOL :D

Lots of people are in the same boat...you'll see. My hubby is very happy when left in his comfort zone of friends too, but he has found some good peeps that have become great friends and riding partners that he's met through different functions we've attended this last year. He met some great guys at the Ladies Ride and had a blast...been to a Suds Night (although he still drinks the umbrella drinks ;)) snow shows, multiple shoots for Sledbetties...you name it, he's doin' it now! LOL. One thing he says is that he can't believe how many good peeps he's met, how many solid friendships and riding partners we've found and he's looking forward to heading out again today for another snow show and seeing some new friends. :) This time last year...no way in he!! I'd be saying this!

One thing for sure, if you can get the time off...get to Revy, with or without your man...with is great, it's not 'anti-man' by any means! Even with short notice I bet we can find you a ride that will keep you safe and comfortable if he can't or won't come. If your man comes, he will have a few great guys to hook up with (this can be lined up ahead of time) and guaranteed he'll have a great time! Even more...YOU'LL have a great time!!!! :d

The guys like to keep it small and to themselves...and the farther from us the better LOL. I can tell by what you say that your guy would probably be comfortable with a few of our hubbys...if he was loud, obnoxious and too sociable...he wouldn't fit in bwahahahahaah. And he can be as shy as he likes with his helmet on ;)

Keep it in mind, there's lots of time yet. But if you can make it happen, pretty sure neither of you would regret it. :wtg:

Thank you for your helpful advice Tam. Hopefully my man will come around on the idea, and if not then I will just have to hitch a ride with someone then. Everyone seems nice enough on here, I think I could calm my shyness down and put myself out there, meet new people make new friends. That is all depending on what I work or don't work that weekend. It would be a great experience to learn a little something from a ladies perspective.

Top Bottom