KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
West Kootenay snow pack

Best conditions in 25 yrs

1 foot at 1000 meters or 3000 feet,,, Rossland elevation
3 feet at 5000 feet and 6 feet at 6000 feet ( treeline ) Norns has 6 feet Meadow Mtn, Mt Mackie, Neptune...

It s game on,,,, Nov 22 ,,, last yr Jan 14 we never had this much good coverage...

Last edited:

GRD

Reaction score
Best conditions in 25 yrs

1 foot at 1000 meters or 3000 feet,,, Rossland elevation
3 feet at 5000 feet and 6 feet at 6000 feet ( treeline ) Norns has 6 feet Meadow Mtn, Mt Mackie, Neptune...

It s game on,,,, Nov 22 ,,, last yr Jan 14 we never had this much good coverage...

:nopics::eek:

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gray Creek summit 2 wks ago.

Attachments

• PB150013.jpg
    PB150013.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 77
  • PB150008.jpg
    PB150008.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 76

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
No pictures yet, having to much fun riding and I can't stop to take a picture yet....

Snow has a great base now, just like mid Jan after the usual January thaw... It's Krazy,, Jan thaw in Nov.... Guys are riding areas in the Kootenays right now, areas we couldn't get to until mid to late Jan last yr.....

Rossland 3000' 9 inches, 5000' 2foot 10 inches, 5700' 4 feet and alpine areas 6 to 9 thousand feet anywhere from 5 to 6.5 feet... lots of wind loading and snow drifts 8 feet deep... looks like mid Jan up in the alpine down south here in the west kootenays....

AWESOME

Have a Merry Christmas everyone,, ride safe and smart... come home alive this yr... lets set a new record ,,,, ZERO avi deaths.... we can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
road the Norns yesterday.. Airport Goose creek side, over to Ladybird.. All south aspects... No wind loading in these ares... unloaded high due to the sunny side of the valley... only 6 inches at 3000', 2 1/2' at 5000' and between 4 and 5 feet of snow in the alpine 6000' to 7000'

great base, but still easy to wreck a sled if you run wild and out of control...

tried the new M800 HO SNOPRO,,,,from Mainjet Motorsports Nelson BC... out of control, insane stock sled... 3 XP owners tried it ... Turns on a dime,, one quote, easiest sled to side hill ,, another quote... awesome sled with just as much power as the XP but easier to handle, was another quote... I love it,,, best stock sled I've ever ridden... fantastic...

If anyone wants to try it over the next 3 weeks. It'll be stock until the New Year... Get in touch with me and we can go out and give it a try...

Amber took out her Mini Panther for the Maiden voyage... wow that sled Rocks... I'll post some pictures later... Time to ride....

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
You must not have seen some of the dvd's I've been in???? Wrecked a couple of sleds in my life,,,, Friday, someone wrecked a dragon up in the Norns,,, I've hit every bad rock up the Norns twice over the last 25 yrs, so I was lucky last weekend...

December09004.jpg

Amber's maiden voyage on the Mini Panther... Wow, what an awesome sled..

December09008.jpg

Castlegar down behind Amber

December09009.jpg

some cool Snow Ghosts, and the Mainjet M800snopro HO

December09014.jpg

December09015.jpg

Stanger found a nasty hole....

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
road the Norns yesterday.. Airport Goose creek side, over to Ladybird.. All south aspects... No wind loading in these ares... unloaded high due to the sunny side of the valley... only 6 inches at 3000', 2 1/2' at 5000' and between 4 and 5 feet of snow in the alpine 6000' to 7000'

great base, but still easy to wreck a sled if you run wild and out of control...

tried the new M800 HO SNOPRO,,,,from Mainjet Motorsports Nelson BC... out of control, insane stock sled... 3 XP owners tried it ... Turns on a dime,, one quote, easiest sled to side hill ,, another quote... awesome sled with just as much power as the XP but easier to handle, was another quote... I love it,,, best stock sled I've ever ridden... fantastic...

If anyone wants to try it over the next 3 weeks. It'll be stock until the New Year... Get in touch with me and we can go out and give it a try...

Amber took out her Mini Panther for the Maiden voyage... wow that sled Rocks... I'll post some pictures later... Time to ride....

Would be interested for sure. PM me if you plan to ride over X-Mas. Received the vids and last years was awesome riding footage. Nice to see some of the early riding as well as go figure that you liked to jump into trees back then Ha! Ha!:d::d

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
major dump last week and another 1 to 2 feet coming today , tonight and tomorrow,,,

14 inches at 3000'

3 .5 feet at 5000'

5.5 feet at 6000'

bottomless powder ,,, no base,,, amazing how the conditions changed from last weekend,,, considerable avi danger,,, lots of facets in the mid to lower snow pack, seen some natural movement occurred during the week, but saw nothing move saturday and found it fairly stable in the Rossland range,,

Alpine of the Norns has between 5 and 7 feet...

Last edited:

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West slope of the Purcells overlooking Kootenay Lake got only rain.

Pops said the same thing when I talked to him last night. He was gonna fire the sled and go for a rip but didn't even bother because all they got was rain. :(

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it keeps snowing up top. was up sunday and the medows by the air port were sick. over the hood all day.so clouded over a guy could not see but was still fun. trees still jump out as our buddy found out lol. snowed another half foot up top yesterday, and all night last night. this is from shaw cabin. update you tomorrow

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
clouds are starting to clear up. may turn into a half day of work yet. might also get some pictures today

KrazyCanadian

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Website
krazycanadian.com
Merry christmas everyone,,,, snow was fantastic today...

4 inches at 2000'
15 inches at 3000'
21 inches at 4000'
4 feet at 5000'
6 feet at 6000'
7 feet at 7000'

snow is fantastic in both the Rossland Range and the Norns.... great base, blue sky's and warm temps.... doesn't get any better then this in December...

shiznitt100

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went up lady bird yesterday and the snow was less the on norns, goose creek. trees were fun. top was a bit wind blown but ok. will be hanging out at norns for awhile yet i think

Top Bottom