Know where you go...Lucky guy

Shanerd

Reaction score
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spDxPOL6Of8&feature=related[/media]

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is there any words to describe how stupid that actually was?????:eek::eek:WOW!!!!!!:rolleyes:
pretty scary man, but an accident nonetheless....inexperience, unfamiliarity of the area, and adrenaline all combined to cause that incident.

my good buddy had a similar "accident" about 10 years ago in Tumbler Ridge while riding the Bull Moose area, was an overcast day and he was climbing on a slope he had been on many times, but this time didn't realize he was close to the top. he doesn't remember a thing about going off the edge, only that he knew it was going to be bad. he doesn't have memory until coming to a few minutes later laying in the snow, his sled upside down a few meters away. he dropped off a 600 foot cliff and broke his neck, pierced an eardrum and got beat up pretty good. he managed to get his sled flipped over and started, the steering post was bent forward bad but he tried to ride down to the logging road. he got hung up in a small group of trees he couldn't avoid because his sled wouldn't steer properly, so he decided he'd better get comfy and wait for rescue. he dug a pit under his sled and lined it with pine boughs and pitted in. when we got to him the next morning he was cold, bleeding profusely out of his ear, but alive and incredibly happy to see us and the S&R team. I have a hard time calling him "stupid", just really unfortunate.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty scary man, but an accident nonetheless....inexperience, unfamiliarity of the area, and adrenaline all combined to cause that incident.

my good buddy had a similar "accident" about 10 years ago in Tumbler Ridge while riding the Bull Moose area, was an overcast day and he was climbing on a slope he had been on many times, but this time didn't realize he was close to the top. he doesn't remember a thing about going off the edge, only that he knew it was going to be bad. he doesn't have memory until coming to a few minutes later laying in the snow, his sled upside down a few meters away. he dropped off a 600 foot cliff and broke his neck, pierced an eardrum and got beat up pretty good. he managed to get his sled flipped over and started, the steering post was bent forward bad but he tried to ride down to the logging road. he got hung up in a small group of trees he couldn't avoid because his sled wouldn't steer properly, so he decided he'd better get comfy and wait for rescue. he dug a pit under his sled and lined it with pine boughs and pitted in. when we got to him the next morning he was cold, bleeding profusely out of his ear, but alive and incredibly happy to see us and the S&R team. I have a hard time calling him "stupid", just really unfortunate.

The video looks more like a "Hold my beer and watch this.":d I'm glad your buddy pulled thru OK. We've all made bad decisions to climb when we shouldn't be. We had a young kid in our group at Mountain Mania fly an RMK over a cliff this year at Belle just like in the video.:eek: Inexpieriece was to blame in that case.:nono:

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
Has anyone ever gone over the top above the lake at Chappel.

Yes. About 25 yrs ago. I heard the guy was from the Hinton area. Kinda the same story as Teeroy's buddy, whiteout conditions. But on a early to mid 80's Yammy,it was sometimes a struggle just to get to the top,let alone go over at that speed.

Maxwe

Reaction score
the guys from Hinton in fact went over not over the top above the lake. They went over as you come in off the trail and enter the alpine. they went over the cliffs on your right side. They were coming home looking for the trail in a white out. but yes there is a guy who went over the top on the mtn above the lake. He survived by the grace of god. He was trying to catch up to his buddys and who had gone up that direction a couple of minitues ahead of him

pete gads

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the guys from Hinton in fact went over not over the top above the lake. They went over as you come in off the trail and enter the alpine. they went over the cliffs on your right side. They were coming home looking for the trail in a white out. but yes there is a guy who went over the top on the mtn above the lake. He survived by the grace of god. He was trying to catch up to his buddys and who had gone up that direction a couple of minitues ahead of him

i WAS THERE THAT DAY. tHE GUY HAD A SEIZSURE AND BLACK OUT. tHAT WHY HE DIDN'T STOP. cLEAR DAY DROVE RIGHT PASSED US BY ABOUT 5 FEET. i JUMP OVER TO HELP. fLEW RIGHT OUT OF HIS BOOTS. wOKE AND WAS FINE. cOUPLE SLEDDERS MANAGED TO GET TO US AND HELP ME GET HIS SLED OUT

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definitely should of stomped it, that would of made for a sick helmet cam video...........:d Glad nothing serious came from that

Top Bottom