knock sensors

rstjean

Reaction score
I was just woundering if there was an aftermarket knock sensor i could get for my 2009 dragon 800 turbo so i can ride it at lower elevations obviously with a much higher octane fuel and lower boost but i just want to make sure it doesnt blow up.

slomo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
then why an aftermarket sensor?is it not sensitive enough,and if your riding a turbo sled you should know what deto sounds like,not bashing you just an opinion:beer:

rstjean

Reaction score
I have never owned a turboed sled before i just got it and i have never heard detonation in person just from what i read online that it is a pinging noise and when it happens your egts lower. what does the stock sensor do when it detects knock it retard the timing and add fuel and then the check engine light probably goes on alot of things probably could cauuse that to happen and i wouldnt know if it was from detonation or something else that is wrong. I just wanted to know if there was an aftermarket one for a fail safe just incase i dont hear it detonating and i blow up my sled. ok

Top Bottom