Kiwa?

Stevo

Reaction score
Anyone know anything about the Kiwa area west of Tete Jaune Cache?

Thanks/Stevo

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to get in there last year as the glacier at the end has some serious elevation. Never did make it in...huge slide (not snow) had road completly out. Spoke to some locals we know in town and they said Kiwa Lake never freezes.This year has more snow so you might be able to sidehill through the trees past the slide but beware of 1.5KM of open water it's a long pull with supposedly no shore. Looks like steep banks on google . Let me know how it goes if you try.

Stevo

Reaction score
Thanks, snochuk. We may have a guide to show us the way in this weekend. I'll give a report if it works out.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Backcountry roadmaps show the road going all the way to the lake. Some peaks are over 11000' but look climbable to maybe 9500', good luck.

GRD

Reaction score
Kiwi

I was in there with my dad and my uncle a few years back. Mostly trail riding, but fairly cool to see the glacier. No alpine mostly boon docking.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
As GetR'Done said... Trail into. Rode up to the glacier on the lake a number of times.... Even took pictures inside the glacier. Just like a glass house, something to see. It has been a few years since we were into & now I think it is out of bounds.... I could be wrong & stand corrected.
GetR'Done the last time we were to the glacier you were just a young pup & riding the green tub.

GRD

Reaction score
That green thing I was riding was brutal!

Top Bottom