Kinder Morgan

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truedope and his merry cabinet and all premiers in meetings today about the pipeline and how they're getting it through. Truedope still saying it is a go ahead(canada needs the tax money from the pipeline!!!)

hmm, in a land of lolipops and rainbows.

broke'n'nuts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't think Trudumb wants the pipeline. He will sit on his hands and let it get canceled, all the while smiling behind closed doors. Going to get harder and harder for the working man as they will need more tax revenue to pay for their gold plated pension plans. After he gets us screwed over in NAFTA I think we are I for some tough times.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Our governments,both provincially and federally, are collaborating to turn Canada into a third world country.Once we are completely bankrupt the Donald will step in and buy the place for ten cents on the dollar.Nothead and Truedumb will both live happily ever after on tropical islands.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No opinion on pipelines, oil etc but Kinder Morgans pipeline goes through my property and they need more of my land for their new right of way. They were using scare tactics, pressure, stalking me and being downright unethical. Not to mention totally disorganized studies, surveys and to top it off, stream studies were done in the summer when everything is dry. Not ONE mention of a class A stream that they need to cross. So far, Kinder morgan is a bunch time wasting' lyin' scumbags.
Funny thing is, I have a friend who is a Landman in Alberta who now my agent. Harassment is down by 60%.
I think you're full of it. Is it just a situation that they aren't offering you the money you want? Probably. You were probably downright ignoring them and they probably got tired of your games and did what they had to do.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
POLITICS
04/09/2018 21:38 EDT | Updated 19 hours ago
[h=1]Ministers Head To Ottawa For Emergency Meeting On Kinder Morgan Pipeline[/h]
Prime Minister Justin Trudeau continues to say the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion will be built.

OTTAWA — Faced with an escalating battle between British Columbia and Alberta as well as a spooked investment community, federal cabinet ministers will gather Tuesday for an emergency meeting in search of a way to convince Kinder Morgan to go forward with its Trans Mountain pipeline expansion.

The House of Commons is in the middle of a two-week break, during which times cabinet rarely meets. But ministers are hightailing it back to Ottawa to try and salvage the pipeline project they green-lighted 17 months ago.

Kinder Morgan announced late Sunday it was calling a halt to all non-essential spending on the project, giving Ottawa a deadline of May 31 to convince the company and its investors that the pipeline can prevail over the opposition that now threatens to block it.

The fight between B.C. and Alberta escalated Monday as Alberta Premier Rachel Notley promised legislation this week that would, once passed, give Alberta the ability to reduce domestic oil supplies into B.C. Such a move would cause already high gas prices in B.C. to spike, ramping up the pressure from pipeline proponents on the province to back down.

B.C. Premier John Horgan, however, heads a minority NDP government that clings to power only with the support of three Green party members under an agreement to fight the pipeline. So far, he's shown no sign of giving in. The pipeline is within federal jurisdiction, but Horgan is trying to use provincial powers to limit how much oil — ultimately destined for export markets overseas — can flow through it, effectively killing any reason for expansion.
dims
Darryl Dyck/CANADIAN PRESS
British Columbia Premier John Horgan speaks during an announcement in Coquitlam, B.C., on March 28, 2018.
Notley said Monday she expects the federal government to follow Alberta's lead and put economic and fiscal pressure on B.C. to back off. She also wants Ottawa to use the courts or legislation to assert its jurisdictional authority over the pipeline, and to put its money where its mouth is — either as insurance for worried investors or even as a stakeholder in the project. Legal, regulatory and financial options are all being considered, Natural Resources Minister Jim Carr said Monday. And Prime Minister Justin Trudeau described a long conversation Sunday with Horgan in which he told him not to intervene in an area of federal jurisdiction. "I impressed upon him the importance of working together and respecting the federal responsibility for protecting things that are in the national interest," Trudeau said during a news conference in Montreal. "This is a pipeline in the national interest and it will get built." The expansion project is meant to triple the capacity of the pipeline that already runs between Edmonton and Burnaby, B.C. Opponents to the project in B.C. say the pipeline can't go ahead if Canada is to meet its climate change targets, and also fear the expanded risk of oil spills and heightened oil tanker traffic off the coast of B.C.
This is a pipeline in the national interest and it will get built.Justin Trudeau
Conservative natural resources critic Shannon Stubbs called the emergency cabinet meeting a "good sign," but only if it yields a concrete plan to end an "escalating interprovincial dispute.""It is the job of the prime minister to lead and to demonstrate exactly how his approved expansion will not keep facing blockades and barriers and delays," Stubbs said. Earlier this year, Carr and Trudeau both said they would not stand for undue delays, but so far have done nothing to back up their words, she added. The Conservatives also want Trudeau to sit down with Horgan. The prime minister was in Victoria last week, but Horgan was away in Kamloops; the pair haven't sat down in the same room since last fall.
dims
Darryl Dyck/CANADIAN PRESS
A man holds a sign while listening as other protesters opposed to the Kinder Morgan Trans Mountain pipeline extension defy a court order and block an entrance to the company's property, in Burnaby, B.C., on April 7, 2018.
Melanee Thomas, a politics professor at the University of Calgary, said provinces have very little legal ability to force other provinces to take action. She said Notley's plan to give Alberta the ability to restrict B.C.'s oil supply may not be constitutional, but likely can't be challenged unless and until she actually goes through with it. "There isn't really a court challenge there until they pull the trigger, but it's still ratcheting up the fight," said Thomas. Brian Lee Crowley, managing director of the Macdonald-Laurier Institute in Ottawa, said the federal Liberals are up against the wall — they have alienated some of their environmental supporters by backing the pipeline, and could end up with nothing to show for it. Crowley called it a "no-win situation" for Trudeau politically, but one that may be beyond politics now. "This has now become an issue of if the law prevails in Canada or if angry minorities can prevail."

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the BC people realize the tanker traffic is going to increase either way KM pipline is at capacity and demand is going up before down. Squeese the crap out of them hope gas is 10 bucks a litre and power goes up to a buck a kwh and I guess nowadays females can grow balls and take charge of situation.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no decision yet as Trudumb is still in the person toilet fixing his hair,

friggin clown

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no use for Horgan and in general have a life time hate for the NDP. I have always been a socred voter provincially going back to the days of the Bennets. Having said that I do understand one problem that Horgan has and it is purely political. He can not accept the pipeline without throwing away his premiership. Weaver (green party) holds the balance of power with a partly 3 seats, but those 3 seats are all he needs. He has said that he is adamantly against the pipeline and if the NDP allow it he will overthrow the government.

I believe that Horgan is just putting on a show and is waiting for the Feds to step in and force it on him, then he has an out with Weaver. Horgan is a bully with a temper but Weaver is a very smart man who is doing a great job of manipulating Horgan and the NDP.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What difference if the oil goes by pipeline or rail are they that stupid. But its ok to dump millions of barrels of raw sewage in ocean mostly pointed at Victoria area.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't think the BC people realize the tanker traffic is going to increase either way KM pipline is at capacity and demand is going up before down. Squeese the crap out of them hope gas is 10 bucks a litre and power goes up to a buck a kwh and I guess nowadays females can grow balls and take charge of situation.

Not sure how you figure cutting off oil makes our power cost go up. Nearly all generation in BC is hydro power. :confused:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What difference if the oil goes by pipeline or rail are they that stupid. But its ok to dump millions of barrels of raw sewage in ocean mostly pointed at Victoria area.
Wait it's getting so bad you will be getting in head on collisions with oil tankers on hwy 1 as they head to port.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't think Trudumb wants the pipeline. He will sit on his hands and let it get canceled, all the while smiling behind closed doors. Going to get harder and harder for the working man as they will need more tax revenue to pay for their gold plated pension plans. After he gets us screwed over in NAFTA I think we are I for some tough times.

You just gave me a good idea. We should stop voting for anyone under the age of 60 - it would quickly cut our politician pension budget in half or less.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no use for Horgan and in general have a life time hate for the NDP. I have always been a socred voter provincially going back to the days of the Bennets. Having said that I do understand one problem that Horgan has and it is purely political. He can not accept the pipeline without throwing away his premiership. Weaver (green party) holds the balance of power with a partly 3 seats, but those 3 seats are all he needs. He has said that he is adamantly against the pipeline and if the NDP allow it he will overthrow the government.

I believe that Horgan is just putting on a show and is waiting for the Feds to step in and force it on him, then he has an out with Weaver. Horgan is a bully with a temper but Weaver is a very smart man who is doing a great job of manipulating Horgan and the NDP.

You are speaking politician in your post. Which is a back asswards way to look at any topic. The correct approach for an politician is to approach the issue with the attitude "What is the best outcome here for all citizens in my elected area?"

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You just gave me a good idea. We should stop voting for anyone under the age of 60 - it would quickly cut our politician pension budget in half or less.

Wrong......

People actually need to vote and we wouldn't be in these situations. Politicians shouldn't be able to say this is what the people want when less the one third actually vote for them

Top Bottom