Kinder Morgan

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These rally's are all good and all but essentially they are useless. Most corporations don't give a chit about employees so I suspect this falls on deaf ears. Even if all the hurdles are conquered and approvals given to build LNG plants and supporting pipelines, some corporation has to spend billions to make it happen. It's not going to happen anytime soon I suspect. With low gas prices and global competition for LNG high who would take the risk.

Yesterday natural gas was being sold for something like 70cents.

you may be right, but i'm thinking the governments take a look at things like this, no idea though.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All i can say is this chap has hit the nail squarly on the head.

https://youtu.be/DR0eFWXP8fE

Brett makes so much sense here, I do not honestly see who could dispute much, if anything as long as you remain objective as to what is in the best interest of the nation. This situation leaves me frustrated and disappointed.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brett makes so much sense here, I do not honestly see who could dispute much, if anything as long as you remain objective as to what is in the best interest of the nation. This situation leaves me frustrated and disappointed.
I would love to see a debate between him an the king of socks, it would be pure comedy.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brett is very well spoken - too bad level headed people like him are drowned out by the rabble of protesters and NDGreen in BC politics. There is a deadline coming soon for the pipeline and all we hear is the tired old rhetoric from Horgan.When will Trudeau step in - when it’s too late and investment has bailed!!

Untouchable

Reaction score
I would speculate that Kinder Morgan never did have the finances secured and is just using the delay to get out. The line was looped from Hinton to Valemount in 2009. With the issues in BC, why wouldn't Kinder Morgan build the loop from Sherwood Park to Hinton? They may very well could have looped the line all the way to Kamloops without any issues, but they haven't done anything.

tejay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may very well be an opportunity to bail and with the political climate I can’t say I blame them one bit.!!

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would speculate that Kinder Morgan never did have the finances secured and is just using the delay to get out. The line was looped from Hinton to Valemount in 2009. With the issues in BC, why wouldn't Kinder Morgan build the loop from Sherwood Park to Hinton? They may very well could have looped the line all the way to Kamloops without any issues, but they haven't done anything.

Exactly

“The Project will add approximately 980 km of new pipeline and reactivate 193 km of existing pipeline. To support the expanded pipeline, new facilities will include 12 new pump stations, 19 new tanks added to existing storage terminals, and three new berths at the Westridge Marine Terminal.”

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Probably because they knew they couldn’t trust the lower mainland centred government to not screw everything up...they looped the section of line over the hump to get some extra HP to supplement the existing line. They’re smart enough to know not to trust any BC government.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of this stuff is getting built l,or already was busy built, the rest is just a political game, just like all the other Canadian pipelines are already in,just need to finish them

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we were working on the line in 2009, we were told that they had a agreement when the first line was installed, that would allow them to parallel the existing line through the parks. There was an expiry date on the agreement and they decided to install it while they could whether they needed it or not at the time.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we were working on the line in 2009, we were told that they had a agreement when the first line was installed, that would allow them to parallel the existing line through the parks. There was an expiry date on the agreement and they decided to install it while they could whether they needed it or not at the time.
so are the twinned sections sitting idle?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
worked on a line a few years ago, they were commenting on using the older sections as storage for product. maybe doing this on this pipeline???

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so are the twinned sections sitting idle?
It was my understanding that both sections are in service. It doesn’t benefit them when it comes to capacity, only to lessen operating pressure on older sections. I think it would also prevent them from having to fill the lines for preservation purposes if they are being used. That was a few years ago now, and things could have changed since then.

Top Bottom