Kijiji morons??? Is this still for sale?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now now, be nice eh, i could be a potential buyer, hehe, Kiji has always the good n bad, But it serves its purpose

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wtf? Why do so many people want to only know if it's still for sale then never to be heard from again... Drives me crazy! Is it a scam? Is it just to get your email address?

I think on my trailer ad over had 8 people email "is trailer still for sale"

I hope its a scam as that would make sense to me somewhat... ...if not ! We truly have 1000's of mindless morons among us!

i have a guy wanting to buy my truck sight unseen... say he will send over a third party... ???? is that a scam... i said no way... he was rude and said a certified cheque or cash who cares... i still don't like it...

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have a guy wanting to buy my truck sight unseen... say he will send over a third party... ???? is that a scam... i said no way... he was rude and said a certified cheque or cash who cares... i still don't like it...

What do you mean third party? I'd accept a third party with cash!! Certified checks I always take them to the bank where they are drawn from and get them to verify its real and funds are there.
I used to take cheques from guys but I'd say let's go to your bank and verify funds, knowing that they might just cancel cheque after

But what I would do is certify the cheque right there, cost me $5 but it worked. But most Banks won't let ya do that anymore. Not many people knew you could certify other peoples cheques. I even had a guy write me a check. I went to his bank to verify funds, girl said nope not enough $$ in account to cover. It was a $700 cheque. I asked her if I deposit $20 will it still bounce?..she said no it will just clear! So I was out $20 but up $680... And he was pissed, he actually called me and pleaded for me to buy parts back so he could make rent! I told him yup! $200 and I'll take it all back! He told me to fk off! I told him that sh!t is used ! I laughed and hung up! My one and only greatest moment with a scammer!

PS I knew the bank girl so that helped huge! But FYI you can deposit into others account , at least you used to be able to.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now now, be nice eh, i could be a potential buyer, hehe, Kiji has always the good n bad, But it serves its purpose

Like I said I've got all your Zima here for ya!

I'm just messen! All good!

SavageCanuck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I won't even take a bank draft unless funds are verified by the bank its drawn on.there have been $20 drafts changed to much higher amounts by forger s

john s

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had this happen to me this weekend I had my boys racing bmx for sale. I posted it on march 19th a guy said he wanted it but offered less I said a price back and never heard back. I sold the bike and yesterday he said the price was fine when can he pick up it's a month later lol.

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
Anyone on here know where I can get a nice White truck on trade?
Looking at trading an Xm sled!

Did I forget to mention it is a 1/100th scale model. Oops! LOL!

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had this happen to me this weekend I had my boys racing bmx for sale. I posted it on march 19th a guy said he wanted it but offered less I said a price back and never heard back. I sold the bike and yesterday he said the price was fine when can he pick up it's a month later lol.

Sent from my iPhone while wishing the snow was gone so I can go dirt biking.

You don't have layaway ?

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had another "phantom" kijiji buyer this weekend.
Text back and forth for an hr. Agree on price guy says he's coming to get it tomorrow.
Boom, no show !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yep had the exact same thing I even texted him late last night to see if he was still interested and got nothing

I had another "phantom" kijiji buyer this weekend.
Text back and forth for an hr. Agree on price guy says he's coming to get it tomorrow.
Boom, no show !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah alot of idiots on kijiji, but man ive sold alot of stuff on there. Works awesome....just need to have a little patience with the slower folks. Thats one thing I love about selling stuff on snow and mud though. Ive taken personal cheques from guys for sleds. Even if you dont know them you have a pretty good idea what they are all about.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats one thing I love about selling stuff on snow and mud though. Ive taken personal cheques from guys for sleds. Even if you dont know them you have a pretty good idea what they are all about.

I sold a pipe set and fuel controller here....shipped it to him and just said send me a cheque when you get a minute. Worked out great. This place is wayyyyyyy better than Kijiji! :D

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sold a pipe set and fuel controller here....shipped it to him and just said send me a cheque when you get a minute. Worked out great. This place is wayyyyyyy better than Kijiji! :D

I had a bad one on here!! Pissed around for two months saying he wanted the parts. I cut him some slack and hung onto the parts because he was a member on here. Then nothing , no emails , no explanation , nothing. He is still on here posting but I can't be bothered. By the way , I SOLD the parts lol
I have bought and sold tons of parts on the Internet with very few problems. I've had guys on kijiji say " ill send you the parts and if your happy send me a cheque". I've also had them offer to leave a small part in the mailbox at their house and I leave the money in the box when I pick it up !! Now that's trust !!

Free Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always like the guys that want the $100 part but want you to pay the $50 - $60 to ship it to them.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah alot of idiots on kijiji, but man ive sold alot of stuff on there. Works awesome....just need to have a little patience with the slower folks. Thats one thing I love about selling stuff on snow and mud though. Ive taken personal cheques from guys for sleds. Even if you dont know them you have a pretty good idea what they are all about.

Ya there should be a thread ! Great S&M buyers/sellers ...

Summitric
Deano
Gotboost
DaveB
I have sent them stuff and got paid without hesitation or worry

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya there should be a thread ! Great S&M buyers/sellers ...

Summitric
Deano
Gotboost
DaveB
I have sent them stuff and got paid without hesitation or worry
I have to agree with this. I have sold and bought from many members on the site, and never had a bad experience!

Top Bottom