Kijiji morons??? Is this still for sale?

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know what you're talking about. I have 2, new M series tarps for sale, 150.00 a piece obo. have a fella say he will give me 100 each, I say ok ( just been sitting around for 6 years anyways). never to been heard from again. Losers.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
Since this thread was started I've sold a full skid plate for an outlander and have an 11am meet set up tomorrow for a dirtbike that I'm selling. It's easy to weed out the retards. I usually have an ad or two on kijiji at any given time. I never post my phone number, never use my regular email address, and don't respond to every email I get like " hey man what's your lowest dollar dude". You can tell a serious buyer almost immediately. I buy a lot of stuff on kijiji as well. Got ripped off a couple weeks ago on a 2010 KXF250 that I bought.. Turned out it needed a valve job which cost me $1300. No biggy. Buyer beware. At least I know it has a worthy motor now and my son will get a few seasons out of it.

Ruralcowboy

Reaction score
I can't see paying for adds would help weed out the tards. It's the buyers that are the idiots in most cases.

I disagree with the blame being the buyers in most cases, I have looked at dozens of cars/bikes/etc some as far as 4 hours away and a lot were not as described. I'd say 50/50 when it comes to being creeps.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I disagree with the blame being the buyers in most cases, I have looked at dozens of cars/bikes/etc some as far as 4 hours away and a lot were not as described. I'd say 50/50 when it comes to being creeps.
Your certainly entitled to your opinion, it's good to know what your buying as well as selling.People who try and slip one over on a buyer are out there, I usually try and inform myself and research the crap out of stuff before I go look at it and if I don't think I know what to look for I find someone to come with me that does, when I bought my turbo (apex) I took my freind and site member Apex 06 lol! Oh ya mines a 06 as well. The sellers that try slipping one over on sellers are dirtbags but I don't feel there are that many out there, most people have a conscious .

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That can happen anywhere! I flew to Abbotsford Dodge to buy a truck. Totally got a$$ bent from that dealer ! It's totally buyer/seller beware for anything really. It's sad really cause it takes the trust out of a guy. When people say I'll take that or sold it's yours then back out. It just makes it hard for the next honest guy when ya tell him cash talks BS walks! I always try to take people at their word but it gets hard sometimes!

Last edited:

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I buy and sell lots on kijiji never really got took and can only think of one thing that never sold when the 1st guy showed up 1st guy always takes it. I also use the if it still here it is still for sale no need to email me asking

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like to call them " phantom kijiji buyers " , hear from them once and then they disappear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya paying won't change anything. I think the problem is keyboard Heros hiding in their moms basement behind the screen. It's too easy to hit send with no consequence ! IMO

Just like I've been called a a-hole on this forum before but I'm sure smalld!c wouldn't say it to my face so easy !

Not advocating turning it into a pay site. My point is it's a free medium as such dealing with a few morons is irrelevant in the larger picture, IMO.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not advocating turning it into a pay site. My point is it's a free medium as such dealing with a few morons is irrelevant in the larger picture, IMO.

I hear ya, I just don't get why.... It's a total waste of time. Are they lonely ?in need of acceptance? good lord that's what Facebook is for!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe they just plain changed there mind, and have decided not to bother you anymore. like any sales job, you talk to 100 people, show to 50, only 5 can get the finances together and in the end only 1 buys. it is what it is. only a problem if you allow it to be.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is often my first inquiry as deals go quick and often stuff is sold but the ad is still up. I look for more info if it's still available though not just window shopping.

X2.
I dunno how many ad's I have inquired on to either get no response or be told it's sold.
Take your MF ad down if it's sold.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe they just plain changed there mind, and have decided not to bother you anymore. like any sales job, you talk to 100 people, show to 50, only 5 can get the finances together and in the end only 1 buys. it is what it is. only a problem if you allow it to be.

I have gone to sales places just to look, but when a sale man asks I just tell them I'm just surfen. And flat out tell him/her I'm not buying as not to waste his time.

I will still use kijiji as I think its a great deal. But I guess I'll never understand why they bother! O well made us all waste 5 hours BSing about it.........kijiji fawkers wasted my time again!!

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
People are stupid. I'm looking for a car for my daughter. Do you think I could get a couple extra pics in good light and answer a couple legit questions? Not likely. People put one **** pic on there and don't even respond to emails or texts. I'll wait. Maybe text again in a couple days. Then I get choked and tell them to keep the car and I'm no longer interested. Suddenly I get a response saying what do I want to know. Idiots. How about you look at the first email at the questions. Duh.

Sent while wishing I was on my snowbike

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree , but if I get one of them stupid emails. Like " still available "
They're gonna get one word answer from me.
Any time I sent an e mail I try and write a little more. To show that I'm interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeenWolf

Reaction score
List of things that piss me off about selling on kijiji

Buyer: how much you want for it?
THE PRICE IS LISTED! READ THE F($&&))NG AD!

Buyer: Whats your lowest pice?
MAKE AN OFFER AND WE'LL FIND OUT. IM NOT JUST GONNA HAND YOU MONEY OUT OF MY POCKET!

Buyer: You want $100 for said item. I can get it for $120 at this store or website. Will you take $60?
NO! GO BUY IT THERE AND STOP WASTING MY F)$&@NG TIME!

Rant over.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
X2.
I dunno how many ad's I have inquired on to either get no response or be told it's sold.
Take your MF ad down if it's sold.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

Sounds like the classified section here too!!!

But again..... that could be a different thread as well.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the classified section here too!!!

But again..... that could be a different thread as well.

Ya all the armchair quarterbacks not even interested in the item but feel the need to comment negatively just because they can.

Top Bottom