Kids Helmets

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where around Edmonton that has a good selection of kids helmets? My little guy is 2 1/2 and I want to get him a new helmet so that he can tag along this winter. Been looking around a bit but can't find anything smaller than youth which is still big on him.... Any suggestions?

Dodge2008

Reaction score
I was in cars r.v in Leduc looking for quad trunks/rear seats with my 5 yr old daughter saw a helmet she wanted to try on and to my suprise it was way to small it was a kids XXS which i have never seen before i think it was a HJC black and white and silver i believe all im 100% sure it was a xxs which i had never seen before and it was full face helmet which are difficult to find in kids sizes.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a couple of years ago I was looking for a helmet for my 2 yrs old and it was tough to find something that small and light. The best I could do was a snowboard helmet. He couldn't get use to the snow cross helmet at the time so it had to be open face. Kids grow out of the helmet so fast. He now use the snowboard helemt as helmet when he rides his bike. Now that he is older - I bought him a snow cross helmet ( for the face and nose protection) and found the lightest helmet I could find for the time and $ I had. I removed the visor and so far so good for quad rides etc. It was a Gmax from Cycle Works $120. Good luck
:)

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where around Edmonton that has a good selection of kids helmets? My little guy is 2 1/2 and I want to get him a new helmet so that he can tag along this winter. Been looking around a bit but can't find anything smaller than youth which is still big on him.... Any suggestions?

I have a black xxs junior helmet that my daughter used once. She didn't like the full face, so I put her in a hockey helmet for the first year. It is in nice shape, if you ever get to Rimbey, you can have it. I have no use for it.

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a black xxs junior helmet that my daughter used once. She didn't like the full face, so I put her in a hockey helmet for the first year. It is in nice shape, if you ever get to Rimbey, you can have it. I have no use for it.
I did the same with my kid, He has a hockey helmet for riding. The hockey helmet was also lighter so he could hold his head up easier. And with the full cage on the front it protects him good. You can put a toque( the one with eye holes) on first to keep your kids head warm.

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To be honest, just get a bike helmet. you have to watch with some helmets at that age. they need to be very light or else they can strain their neck due to the weight. Not saying there isn't a good helmet out there. Went through the same thing with my niece and she is two and a half.

Top Bottom