Kevin O'Leary has decided to run for the federal PC leadership

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good and bad, he's not gun friendly and ego maniac but other than that I like what I see.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O'Leary on the ballot would equal another Liberal term in the driver's seat. Way too many people hate his guts from TV. I even kinda wanted to invent some hokey trinket and apply for Dragon's Den so I could get within arms reach of him. Lol
Successful businessman or not, he's not the right man to govern Canada IMO

Maxime Bernier seems to carry himself well and hes french so he may be the Conservatives guy here and our only chance at regaining office...

I sure don't want to see our candidates mirror the American gong show. Glad Trump won, but was pretty disappointed that him and Clinton were the best they could muster for choices.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's a cocky, arrogant, greedy prick that only enters a deal on the Den or Shark tank if he's half ripping the guy off or riding the owners back the rest of his life.

He thinks he can ride trumps coat tails, business, TV, leader, this isn't America.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
O'Leary on the ballot would equal another Liberal term in the driver's seat. Way too many people hate his guts from TV. I even kinda wanted to invent some hokey trinket and apply for Dragon's Den so I could get within arms reach of him. Lol
Successful businessman or not, he's not the right man to govern Canada IMO

Maxime Bernier seems to carry himself well and hes french so he may be the Conservatives guy here and our only chance at regaining office...

I sure don't want to see our candidates mirror the American gong show. Glad Trump won, but was pretty disappointed that him and Clinton were the best they could muster for choices.
yes he seems to be rude on dragons den but know matter who you support for leadership in the political parties should be in-place asap. To truly get a feel for the person who will lead the next government it would be nice to see them in action as the opposition instead of evaluating them solely from campaigning like Don Trump was.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^ very good point about evaluation from opposition leader..

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think he speaks any French, huge disadvantage. Heard he was waiting for a convention in Montreal to pass so he didn't have to attend.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol... Love how guys come to the table with this attitude. "Nope, don't want him". Well guess what! The east won't vote in someone from the west again for a long time! If they did, Rona isn't eligible for some reason or other. Even if she was, would she be enough to win? Maybe instead of just saying "No" and "thats final" you guys could add some intelligent suggestions to the conversation, while remaining realistic? Better pick one soon too, federally and provincially(Alberta).

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He was born in Montreal and can't speak French.
I called this last year, figured he would copy cat Trump and sure enough he did. Don't underestimate him winning, lots of learnings from Trump... personally I think he's got a good chance of being PM.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I vote for him in heart beat, Canadians are dead scared of the shake up he would bring but I believe his timing would be good, two more years and the leftist destruction of Canada Wynne, Notley and Trudeau are bringing along with the resurgence in the USA that Trump is bringing might line up. that being said I don't think he will run nor do I think Canadians would elect him we are way to left of center as a country. The far better choice is Brad Wall but he's not running either. Sure as chit the pcs will elect some retard as leader, they will not be enough to topple Trudeau and 4 more years of liberals... If I was betting.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Speaking french isn't the make or break. The Conservatives held a majority with only 4 seats in Quebec. It's turning southern Ontario blue that's the main challenge and that might not be that hard after Wynne and her band of cronies have driven everyone's utility bills so high they can't afford to live there anymore. Trudeau's top advisor helped orchestrate that.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's an arrogant bastard that's only out for himself. I get that it's a TV personality but judging by that he is too stubborn to know when to take advice, too narcissistic. IMO if you've stooped to the level of doing reality TV you can GTFO out of politics, you're a joke.

Ambrose is not fluent in French and has a BA in women's and gender studies as well as a Masters in PoliSci... yeah...

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think o'leary would be fine. He's a businessman. Running a country is like running a business. As long as he doesn't sell out his employees (us) for the sake of better business I think he will do a much better job than anyone else to turn the economy around.

Top Bottom