keeping the mud off.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the Shift riding pant,keeps me dry and comfy.For a coat I have a bearing riding jacket,has biult in elbow,shoulder,chest and back protection,comes with a removable warm liner,awsome jacket but was $280 but to stay dry and protected its worth it to me.I even use it for spring sleddin.

KawisakiRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone recommend rain (mud) gear that will hold up to quadding in rain and mud. seems like the cheap ones last 15 minutes or so. looking at the carharts (pricey) but look like they will hold up or like 99summitx's garbage bags and duct tape.:p:d:beer:

I have the water proof carharts bibs, there the way to go for sure. Keep me 100% dry and just rinse off and there clean again!:d

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had my helly hanson suit for 3 years and love it. never get wet in it. im 6'2 and the legs fit good, but maybe they are a tall i dont know. i tape the bottoms to my boots and have been in water up to my junk and not got wet. stays warm on cool days, and cool on warm days!

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wetskinz, cheap and has held up really well over the last 4 years

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear the green Viking bib and jacket. Very waterproof and very durable. I can't seem to find a way to wreck it. Here is a quick vid from Outwest Campground area this past Friday night. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH-32P3e030[/media]

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wear the green viking bib and jacket. Very waterproof and very durable. I can't seem to find a way to wreck it. Here is a quick vid from outwest campground area this past friday night. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh-32p3e030[/media]

that sucks!!!

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I wear the green Viking bib and jacket. Very waterproof and very durable. I can't seem to find a way to wreck it. Here is a quick vid from Outwest Campground area this past Friday night. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dH-32P3e030[/media]

HAha that little hill there was where last years snow and mud rally came down. There were a few wrecks on it :eek: I've wrecked going up it a couple times when its slippery.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HAha that little hill there was where last years snow and mud rally came down. There were a few wrecks on it :eek: I've wrecked going up it a couple times when its slippery.
I had already been down once prior to that wreck..lol I shoulda left it 4 wheel drive. At least it didn't hurt haha

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I had already been down once prior to that wreck..lol I shoulda left it 4 wheel drive. At least it didn't hurt haha

You know this might be unrelated to this thread but I changed out my outlander suspension to the renegade front suspension and no longer get that front grab feeling on those downhill off camber "SQUATS" with my outlander. Just a thought.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know this might be unrelated to this thread but I changed out my outlander suspension to the renegade front suspension and no longer get that front grab feeling on those downhill off camber "SQUATS" with my outlander. Just a thought.
The springs must be heavier?

Dadbro

Reaction score
anyone recommend rain (mud) gear that will hold up to quadding in rain and mud. seems like the cheap ones last 15 minutes or so. looking at the carharts (pricey) but look like they will hold up or like 99summitx's garbage bags and duct tape.:p:d:beer:

I work the patch and have put on over 30,000 km of quading. for the past 4 years I have been using Helly Hanson rain gear. tough as nails. I'm not sure what I paid for it but now it has more than paid for itself.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
I wear Thor riding pants and use an Oilers jersey to wipe all the mud off when I'm done. When I'm done with the jersey, I kick it around on the garage floor till the next week then use it as a rag again. Never need a pressure wash when you have the right TOOL to clean up the mud. :d

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the springs are way heavier. My quad sits right up at the top now all the way a round.
Sweet! Ill have to look into that, cuz my front end sags pretty low. The back end is perfect. Thanks.

Mud Mum

Reaction score
I wear Thor riding pants and use an Oilers jersey to wipe all the mud off when I'm done. When I'm done with the jersey, I kick it around on the garage floor till the next week then use it as a rag again. Never need a pressure wash when you have the right TOOL to clean up the mud. :d

Hey Gas Can, I couldn't have said it better myself. :d
Thanks
D

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Ill have to look into that, cuz my front end sags pretty low. The back end is perfect. Thanks.

The front springs on my Outty were done at 1000km. I went to turple's and bought the "Heavy Duty" springs, which I think are just Max rear springs. Either way, it was cheap, and they work perfectly.

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The front springs on my Outty were done at 1000km. I went to turple's and bought the "Heavy Duty" springs, which I think are just Max rear springs. Either way, it was cheap, and they work perfectly.
Yeah, my springs didn't last long either. I don't like the sag when I need the ground clearance, but the quad rides really smooth at high speeds. How is the ride on the upgraded springs?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, my springs didn't last long either. I don't like the sag when I need the ground clearance, but the quad rides really smooth at high speeds. How is the ride on the upgraded springs?

Pretty good. I didn't really notice alot of difference. It does make a big difference in clearance though.

Top Bottom