keeping the mud off.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone recommend rain (mud) gear that will hold up to quadding in rain and mud. seems like the cheap ones last 15 minutes or so. looking at the carharts (pricey) but look like they will hold up or like 99summitx's garbage bags and duct tape.:p:d:beer:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it's nice I ride in shorts and old runner's and jump in the river..

Chest waders or cheap Canadian tire stuff when it's cold

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Viking rain gear is the best I have found the jacket and pants are at lot like the columbia winter wear they are made of the same type of material had mine for 3 years now and still great and you can get removable liners for winter riding to. 140 bucks at UFA:beer::beer:

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Viking rain gear is the best I have found the jacket and pants are at lot like the columbia winter wear they are made of the same type of material had mine for 3 years now and still great and you can get removable liners for winter riding to. 140 bucks at UFA:beer::beer:

X2 on the Vikings - Made in Canada
After 3 seasons of getting pressure washed, the water proofing was getting gone. Treated them with this wierd waxy liquid that you heat up and soak them in. Of course I can't remember the name, but I got it at Wholesale Sports. Very Good Stuff!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
noticed that rain gear is long in the leg and small in the crotch! :beer:

what's up with that?:d

mudd kitty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got hurricane rain gear about $60 got them from greggs distributors they are great not the cheap plastic crap you can sport yellow or bright bright bright orange like me!!! Lol ove had them for 3 years now and just this weekend I burned a hole in them :( damn mufflers!!!!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Lanko

Reaction score
My vote is for Helly Hansen rain gear (jacket and pants), a bit pricey but pretty much indestructible. Can get it at Mark's or Jobsite Workwear available in either green or bright orange and numerous sizes, I bought mine about 3-4 years ago, use it for work and guadding. It is made out of a fabric that doesn't rip or tear and seems to breathe a little bit better than the cheaper raingear. I think each piece is about $70-80 dollars.

stealth 800

Reaction score
I bought mine at costco 5 years ago and the work good ,cant remember the name. I dont now if they have them in stock at this time.

t-bomb

Reaction score
I have the Orange carhart from Marks. It works to keep the water and mud off you but it doesn't let the sweat out. I will say very durable.

Throttle*Queen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone recommend rain (mud) gear that will hold up to quadding in rain and mud. seems like the cheap ones last 15 minutes or so. looking at the carharts (pricey) but look like they will hold up or like 99summitx's garbage bags and duct tape.:p:d:beer:

We just bought the wetskins jacket/pants suits at costco! They are completely waterproof but also look like a nice jacket if you wanna wear it. They were $60! Good deal compared to some of the other things we have bought!

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Chest waders is how my pup and I roll :d I do have a rain jacket also for the cooler days.

Attachments

• 052408 012.jpg
    052408 012.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 30

T-GUY1978

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got viking rain gear (pants and jacket) had them for about 10 years now and still no tears it is really good stuff can't remember what i payed though

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Midfield Supply, 2 piece oil flield plastic,, keeps me reasonably dry.I usualy just wear the coat, and wear my red coveralls under them, Not like my daughter in law. She LOOKs for mud.I avoid it.

Attachments

• MuddylindseyI-1.jpg
    MuddylindseyI-1.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 174
Top Bottom