Kanedog discovers a Clutching CATastrophy, again. Pics!

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Knock on wood but I ride with 5 new cats. I have 2 also. Issue free. All of them are 18, 19’s.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
My report to safergov.com is now officially published for all the public and internet to see. I don’t know if it will cause a recall or will Cat do something. It’s out there now so any lawsuit happy Murican can have at’er!

https://www.saferproducts.gov/ViewIncident/1924231

382d5e32b7dc38835f61ce7855359960.jpg
0c32c7cfb1e2f69a2b5a22ecd7dcbe52.jpg

Last edited:

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My report to safergov.com is now officially published for all the public and internet to see. I don’t know if it will cause a recall or will Cat do something. It’s out there now so any lawsuit happy Murican can have at’er!

https://www.saferproducts.gov/ViewIncident/1924231

//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200212/382d5e32b7dc38835f61ce7855359960.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200212/0c32c7cfb1e2f69a2b5a22ecd7dcbe52.jpg

When you contacted Arctic cat with these issues, what was their reply?

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you contacted Arctic cat with these issues, what was their reply?
I knew from their past actions it was a waste of time to contact them. They did a hush hush kinda secret recall with no info on ‘17 clutches and they weren’t sharing info on why the clutches were failing. Then they started denying warranty claims on some and shortened the warranty to one year to avoid fixing the damage. That was enough skull duggery evidence for me. I didn’t wanna hear a BS political answer or have them turn it around like the problem was my fault or have them make me feel I was wrong. I thought it better to share my investigation fruits of labor with fellow Sledders.

Shout out to all fellow Sledders who shared their info, readers of thread and commenters!

There was an option to have them contact me but I declined. I didn’t want it to get twisted so Cat could say the complaint was rectified with me and therefore no report was required.

The ball is 100% in their court now. There’s no denying because of the internet pics of exploding clutches. Will Cat do something or ignore the problem? Who knows, but you seen it originate right here on Snow and Mud!

Imagine being a fly on the wall at Cat corporate/legal meetings about this. Holy moly.

Can you imagine if Cat shutdown over this? Food for thought.......replacing tens of thousands of clutches and repairing cracked tunnels would cost so much, it might be better to shutdown. Oh man, Kanedog causes Cat to fold. I can just see it now. That wasn’t my intention. The intention was to have a fix implemented. That would be a big “oopsie!” on my part.

The above are my beliefs.

Last edited:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn’t contact Cat. I didn’t wanna hear a BS political answer or have them turn it around like the problem was my fault or have them make me feel I was wrong. I thought it better to share my investigation fruits of labor with fellow Sledders.

There was an option to have them contact me but I declined. I didn’t want it to get twisted so Cat could say the complaint was rectified with me and therefore no report was required.

I would never give up the opportunity to have a discussion with the ones I have issues with.
Resolution never comes without some two way communication.
Consumer complaint is always there.
If one of my subs biotch but will not talk to me directly then I don't see them as having a real problem that needs to be fixed.
Any chance you can still talk to them with a preset agenda.

Good work getting to where you did.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope the Clintons don’t have shares in TextRon.....maybe that’s why you didn’t want your face showing in any pics we took. Smart of you plan in advance.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope the Clintons don’t have shares in TextRon.....maybe that’s why you didn’t want your face showing in any pics we took. Smart of you plan in advance.
Right? It’s an old habit. Hard to break. I can’t disclose the security level but I do think of that scenario tho!

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Feb.9, 2020 1150 miles dis spider has a broken arm. Dang. Dis chit is carazee.
Might be a repeat, I dunno.
Notice the purplish/rustish coloured dust on the secondary and the primary weight. Normally it’s black belt dust on the secondary. The purple nurple color is from two metal parts vibrating against each other. This signifies a failure is coming. Could be 100km or a 1,000km, it’s hard to tell. Keep an eye out for this hue.
8c44efac0b56c516d055dcbadcd66c63.jpg

Last edited:

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I truly believe this clutch has design improvements over its predecessors and the P85. It seems there's just too much recycled Busch lite cans in the metallurgy.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I truly believe this clutch has design improvements over its predecessors and the P85. It seems there's just too much recycled Busch lite cans in the metallurgy.
no doubt the clutch works fantastic... when it's not trying to exit the panel.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat has responded to the complaint. Yep, Cat is unaware of any issues. Pretty unbelievable. Looks like they used a cheap lawyer to craft this bs. Could be way better. As expected, they try to turn it around on the complainer. So funny. As if I’m making this stuff up and the issues don’t exist. Heehee.
I couldn’t fit all the pics on the original complaint so I think it’s time to reply with a myriad of clutch failures and the public can decide.
c2b1fe5121eea3af3a1f39da0f8f9f0e.jpg

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat has responded to the complaint. Yep, Cat is unaware of any issues. Pretty unbelievable. Looks like they used a cheap lawyer to craft this bs. Could be way better. As expected, they try to turn it around on the complainer. So funny. As if I’m making this stuff up and the issues don’t exist. Heehee.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200212/8269ae965c7bc6ee96ea3639c6d83493.jpgI think it’s time to reply with a myriad of clutch failures and the public can decide.
Typical large corporation answer to a private individual claim. You got guts man. Now your in the big leagues. Hope you don't have to lawyer up.

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Typical large corporation answer to a private individual claim. You got guts man. Now your in the big leagues. Hope you don't have to lawyer up.

Heehee, I’m not the one putting the public at risk with exploding clutches. I am the least of their worries at this point.

Look for Cat service bulletin to check for loose structural bolts soon. Then Cat will say they did everything they could to prevent failure while patting themselves in the back.

The above are my beliefs.

Last edited:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thread going on over at Hardcoresledder. Here is one quote: "I have a 2018 thundercat, noticed crack in clutch at 2100 miles. I am not part of the recall as my serial number is about 1000 units past the recall. I've been talking to Cat Care about the damage being consistent with the recall, and they haven't budged yet. they denied me warranty and I purchased a new clutch. last week they called me back and asked me to bring my old clutch back to the dealership so it can be sent out for inspection. another person from Cat called me about an hour later and told me she had just left a meeting and it looks like they are expanding the recall. Everyone with a problem clutch should report this to cat care. The more complaints they get the better! Lets get after them to make this right before someone gets killed! I couldn't imagine the clutch grenading at 100+mph. Also my sled is 100% stock..."

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/534-turbo-4-stroke/1868914-zr9000-team-clutch-explosion.html

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thread going on over at Hardcoresledder. Here is one quote: "I have a 2018 thundercat, noticed crack in clutch at 2100 miles. I am not part of the recall as my serial number is about 1000 units past the recall. I've been talking to Cat Care about the damage being consistent with the recall, and they haven't budged yet. they denied me warranty and I purchased a new clutch. last week they called me back and asked me to bring my old clutch back to the dealership so it can be sent out for inspection. another person from Cat called me about an hour later and told me she had just left a meeting and it looks like they are expanding the recall. Everyone with a problem clutch should report this to cat care. The more complaints they get the better! Lets get after them to make this right before someone gets killed! I couldn't imagine the clutch grenading at 100+mph. Also my sled is 100% stock..."

https://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/534-turbo-4-stroke/1868914-zr9000-team-clutch-explosion.html

Excellent. The clutch issue got its own meeting. Cool. I hope for good things for all customers.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is you gave them ammunition by offering opinion on why the issue is occurring. They can vehemently deny opinions all day long. However they do mention the SSCC to whom you may want to report as well. Based on the other recent post I linked to, it appears to be happening on other sleds as well, not just 800's. Some big horsepower on the 4S's with pre TEAM clutches and no issues.

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is you gave them ammunition by offering opinion on why the issue is occurring. They can vehemently deny opinions all day long. However they do mention the SSCC to whom you may want to report as well. Based on the other recent post I linked to, it appears to be happening on other sleds as well, not just 800's. Some big horsepower on the 4S's with pre TEAM clutches and no issues.
The cool thing is that everything I believe can be confirmed/corroborated by non Cat engineers. It’s not like I staged a bs photo shoot and purposely wrecked ****. I do hold some **** back tho. You never want to expose all your cards.

Top Bottom